any skilled scripting lord available?

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
carlinho

any skilled scripting lord available?

Post by carlinho »

yes, the classic ones, the talented few of you that know how to script with class...

anyone with commitment (I mean that are not going to say yes, and then fade away with nothing done...) and free time to help me finish the greek plug?
I promised in january I would post it being finished or not...

well it's a shame to let it go unfinished...
if one of you guys (experienced scripters only--and it's not derogatory, it's just that to script it so so I can do it...but it would be lame...but some of you guys make games just unforgetable) wants to commit seriously to help me finish it, it would be great !

if you are too busy with your own projects, totally understandable...

why don't I do it meself....haha I hate scripting...
:mrgreen:

4 maps:

temple of askelpios: scripted 80%
shipwrecked: scripted 0%
crossing the issus: scripted 50%
Aegis under siege: scripted 35%

:wink:
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Point

Re: any skilled scripting lord available?

Post by Point »

ya and if going greek isnt your thing.. I could use some help with Civil war scripting :) have the maps have the battle plans just need some one that knows what the &$@# they are doing to help make the games fun and work...

:)
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

hahaha
not even 1 single scripter replied that you are diverting people to civil war haha
jeez, I'll get some beers and let's get together to learn how to script ron
:lol:

cheers
Point

Post by Point »

i have two weeks open till i head back north... lets pick a day and hammer out the tagsets and maps and get to playing this stuff...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Carlinho i can help you with the shipwrecked map.

I can do one thing and one thing only with scripting...and that is import and assign/set up stair of grief scripting on new maps. Now i can make tons of stuff happen just putting this bungie scripting on maps. its got a lot of options, i used this on one of our maps for our campain, im just not going to do that on any other maps for our campain.

the stair scripting is really flexible to, so i might be able to make most or all of what you want to have happen HAPPEN on shipwrecked.

I know ooga and I would love to help get some playable maps with those great looking greek units out!

-Renwood
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

I would love to, but I'm superbusy at work, getting home like 9pm everyday
that's why I needed help with a scripter
but oh well....seems everybody needs a scripter this days.... haha :lol:

the greek plug would be released in an unfinished way then...
but hell, I'm not keeping this to rot in my hardrive!!

end of january/feb 2010 coming to your tain stores...full of bugs and unscripted...hehehe
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

haha you replied while I was replying

thanks ren! well, the script that is kind of the stair of grief is the first one : the temple of asklepios, which is almost finished, just needs to get voice acting right, and time a couple of things and solve bugs...
that map for sure it's going to be playable....

the other stuff...uhh...they are hard to script
I'm a good scripter, I just don't have the time to do so....

I'm pretty sure ooga and you will love to play with the units in fear once I get the baby out...
I think it's the best way, next to creating a mapmaking group to get it done...
to let it be owned by the community (as everyone complains when they work with me that I'm a control freak....hahahahaha)
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Why dont ooga and i do fear work, Oak work and Bug testing for you?

cause yea my scripting skills sound far less then yours are. Then maybe ooga and i could help free up time for you to work on scripting?

Carlinho!! how about this....we make a multiplayer version of your greek units and use some of the solo maps as multiplayer maps? I also have some all new maps we could use for this. I could make smaller multirplayer versions of some of your maps. You could feature the greek units that way and try to get interest to get the required scripting help for the single player campain.

Thats what ooga and I are going to do with our project.
Persica purnus constans dum orbis exustio. Exsequor exequor!
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

well I just need help scripting...
I think fear - wise they are pretty solid

but even there, the thing is, I would hate you guys to put time on this project and put less time on yours
that's why I didn't ask help from Onyxwarlords (which I'm part of) to avoid hurting their project...or diverting their efforts.

I think any individual- not associated with any project- help is what we need ALL

if not we are just adding up to the list of unfinished projects
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

Hey Carl,

I really hope you'll finish your plug soon :) And once again I'd like to say sorry, cause I wasn't of any help for you. All the stuff you made was just so great that it totally overwhelmed me. I really loved it and I'd love to play it, but that was absolutely too complex and big for me to work on. You just made it too GREAT man! :wink:

So yeah, if someone wants to help Carl, be aware that there are tons of new awesome fu**ing great looking stuff, but it isn't so easy to mess up with it. Not that I'm discouraging anyone, I'm pretty sure there are some guys with scripting skills and some strong will out there that will be able to help with finishing this stuff :) That would be really cool to see this plug released.

Good luck with finishing this project Carl! :)
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

thanks gug,
thanks a lot for the compliments to the plug! I feel great that you feel that way as you are a really cool talented chap.
but you never told me you were discouraged by the complexity
you are a great scripter, no matter how complex a project is, I think you are more than capable of over-achieving in that area.

regarding the post, well, I just see myself working 15 hours a day to pay a mortgage, so I see no light there where I could be free to sit down and script this.
So I just said, oh well, last try before releasing the plug as it is...(I think at least people will definitely like the units, and at least some will eventually make a simple map with them....instead of them rotting in my hard drive.... )
but oh well....if no one is interested, I don't see why I should (it's not true!!!!hahaha)

ding dong, ding dong,

I work in advertising, but I won't apply that to here...this is a hobby, so here goes the truth: pain in the arse plugin creator, maniac control freak, calling for an experienced scripter. :mrgreen:
Point

Post by Point »

Carl block out a day and lets just get rrrrr done as they say... if we get the formula then apply it we could get a lot of content out there just in time for 1.71 or 1.8 whatever they call the next build...

I think the best course is to compare notes on greek and cwr etc... see if any ideas cross over and can be standardized then finish them
after that combine our wwii stuff create a plan for it then hand it off to someone in the community to finish.

pay that mortgage :)

pss..
true enough that stair of grief is an easy script to use I used it in two maps though I know the maps you have to script have their own plan to execute.

keep up the great work.
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

Well, not that I was discouraged, it sounds as if I didn't like it or something. Plug is really really great, in short, I realised that I wasn't able to help you and do the things you wanted me to, I just wasn't able to do that, so I'd rather wanted to give up, be honest and admit that I can't do it than pretend that I can do it while it wasn't possible.

Good luck and I hope you're well! :)
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

all more than cool Gug, and thanks again for the compliments :wink:
Sonixboom

Post by Sonixboom »

what bout A-red

he hasnt been around in ages

Im not sure but most ppl that hang out on the udogs hotline can script pretty good

-Sonix
Anyone interested in joining my clan drop me a line.