Myth wont show up...

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Sonixboom

Myth wont show up...

Post by Sonixboom »

I just got a new comp sorta

my old one is dying and it only have a half a screen so i jsut got an old monitor and hooked that up to my comp so i have a full screen. When i open myth it only shows up on the back screen and I cant seem to change it

i changed the size and everything :(

HELP ME PLZ!!!

-Sonix
Anyone interested in joining my clan drop me a line.
GodzFire

Re: Myth wont show up...

Post by GodzFire »

I just got a new comp sorta
You either DID get a new computer or you didn't. There's really no room for debate.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Update your graphics card drivers. If the monitor has an auto adjust option as most LCDs do, use it.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Sonixboom wrote:I just got a new comp sorta

my old one is dying and it only have a half a screen so i jsut got an old monitor and hooked that up to my comp so i have a full screen. When i open myth it only shows up on the back screen and I cant seem to change it

HELP ME PLZ!!!

-Sonix
Moved to tech support.

Can you clarify a bit? Are you trying to use multiple monitors? What do you mean by the terms 'half screen', 'full screen' and especially, 'back screen'?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Melekor wrote:What do you mean by the terms 'half screen', 'full screen' and especially, 'back screen'?
obviously he has one of those new android flexible flatscreen monitors that you get surgically implanted into your back.

All Saint needs to do is sit with his back to a mirror and look over his shoulder into the mirror and he'll be able to see his 'back screen' just fine.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Sonixboom wrote:I just got a new comp sorta

HELP ME PLZ!!!

-Sonix
Can you please try to explain the problem clearer? How can you have half a screen? Are you saying half of the LCD died? I can't tell which computer has what monitor status. Do you mean to say you have two monitors plugged into one computer? Is that the computer Myth won't show up on? If so, try running Myth in Windowed mode and see what happens then.

Oh and install this on your new computer: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/
Sonixboom

Post by Sonixboom »

kk

I got an old imac desktop its got 1gb of ram and stuff

the graphics card is dying and only the left half side of the screen lights up any more, so i plugged in a NEW, LCD monitor to it so i can prolong the life of my comp

thats what i meant by back screen :)

myth only shows up on the computer itself NOT the new monitor like everything else does even though they are connected. I want to be able to play myth through the monitor NOT the comp since the screen is dying

-Sonix
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

If you use the universal binary version of 1.7, then holding Option key on startup will let you select which monitor to use.
Sonixboom

Post by Sonixboom »

ya i use universal... i didnt think of option :)

THX

-Sonix