Plugins question

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
martydosh

Plugins question

Post by martydosh »

I'm running Myth 2 on Windows and have enjoyed the Fallen Levels as a plugin. I've tried downloading Requiem, Belial and Visage, but none seem to want to load as plugins. Is there something I'm missing? I have unzipped them, but am in want of instructions on how to use them.
haravikk
Site Admin

Re: Plugins question

Post by haravikk »

Are you able to enable them in the plugin-window? If so, you may need to hold shift while clicking okay to force all single-player maps to be listed, and ought to be able to find the maps then.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
killerking

Post by killerking »

Make sure you place the actual plugin in your plugins folder, and not just the whole map. If you place map in your plugin folder myth will not recognize the plugin inside that map. Also try to hold the shift button while klicking new game, like haravikk suggested. Sometimes this doesn't work on my computer, but after you try it a few times it should work at least once.

Good luck! Killerking
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

killerking wrote:Make sure you place the actual plugin in your plugins folder, and not just the whole map. If you place map in your plugin folder myth will not recognize the plugin inside that map.
KK - as you wrote this it makes no sense, because 'map' is not synonomous with 'folder'. However if you replace the word 'map' with the word 'folder' everytime it appears in the instructions you gave they are good instructions.

e.g. "Make sure you place the actual plugin in your plugins folder, and not just the whole FOLDER. If you place [the whole] FOLDER in your plugin folder myth will not recognize the plugin inside that FOLDER."
martydosh

Post by martydosh »

Cheers for the help guys. Holding shift did the trick. Beat Belial at the 15th (or was it 16th?) attempt. One 'zerk at a time - who woulda thunk it?
martydosh

Post by martydosh »

Edited because I'm not the same argumentative asshat I was 11 years ago.