Trow spawning bug.

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Dagda

Trow spawning bug.

Post by Dagda »

I'm not sure if this is Myth's fault or the map's fault but I'll let you guys decide. I was playing KOTH(TFL) on InCarn-8 when I spotted that a trow from somebody else's team had spawned behind my team. I thought that when pt ended, it might dissapear. But when the game started the trow proceeded to kill my 3 dwarves and one fetch before running off. It didn't hurt me too much in that, I would have won if it wasn't TFL as I was the last guy left (I didn't quite understand what TFL koth was then), but it still annoyed me.

When viewing the film after, I spotted that the team who spawn killed my units had 2 trows. One where the trow should have spawned and one where it spawned behind me.

If anybody wants the film, just ask. Also. An important note. This was 1.7.0, not 1.7.1.'s beta. I decided I should tell you guys now as to have this(if it is Myth's fault, not the map) fixed by 1.7.1..
steelaxe

Re: Trow spawning bug.

Post by steelaxe »

well peter, sounds like its the map. post a like to where we can download the plugin, and we well check it out.
HAPPY MYTHING!
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I was digging around in the TFL Multiplayer Mappack and found out that the "InCarn8 (Dark)" map had an extra Trow for the center left team on the center right team's side. So it is not a Myth bug, just an error in the map. Since the TFL maps were ported from TFL, it is likely this issue was also in the original.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Pyro wrote:Since the TFL maps were ported from TFL, it is likely this issue was also in the original.
This isnt entirely true, some of the TFL mappack are Magma varients of the original maps. If I'm not mistaken InCarn8 is an 8 start varient of For Carnage Apply within, which traditionally uses the TFL style 5 start setup.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Graydon wrote:
Pyro wrote:Since the TFL maps were ported from TFL, it is likely this issue was also in the original.
This isnt entirely true, some of the TFL mappack are Magma varients of the original maps. If I'm not mistaken InCarn8 is an 8 start varient of For Carnage Apply within, which traditionally uses the TFL style 5 start setup.
Actually, both statements are true. Some of the TFL Multiplayer Mappack maps are not Bungie originals. Some are Magma variants that were made for TFL. So they were ported from TFL format to M2 format. I don't know if that specific map was a ported map, though. Others are likely ported.
Dagda

Post by Dagda »

Ok. There's no need for me to post the film then. V3 of the map pack can have that map fixed. Thanks guys.