Alt-tabbing - Broken under 1.5

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Alan

Post by Alan »

I would have use the bug-tracker but I couldn't find the bug-tracker's bug-tracker.

Alt-tabbing is now broken. When tabbing back into a game the windows taskbar flashes through the game screen. Clicking anywhere on the bottom of the screen auto alt-tabs back to desktop. Also when I come back to the game the screen is darker than when I left. Seems OK when back at the game lobby, but persists through next game. Only fix seems to be quitting Myth and restarting. AFAIK it started with 1.5 'final'.

Windows 2000 SP4 with ATI Radeon 7200 64mb DDR AGP video.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

I had that happen once ... it was due to right-clicking on something in the icontray and leaving the resultant popup menu open. Until I clicked on that menu to close it, Myth behaved exactly as you've described.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

I've seen problems like this happen in 1.3-1.5, but not exactly the same, no gamma change, but deffinately some graphical funkiness, and gibberish characters when trying to chat, normally typing a bunch, and/or alt tabbing back out and in again would fix it.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Alan

Post by Alan »

OK what I'm reporting this is as a brand new bug associated with 1.5 on my system which I've never seen in any previous versions. Not saying that there may or may not have been other similar problems for other users on other systems in the past, but that this is newly introduced for me right now. It has nothing to do with right-clicking in the icon tray.. a simple alt-tab in and alt-tab out causes it and no amount of re-alt-tabbing fixies it. Also, gibberish characters do not seem to be a problem. The best I can explain it is as "Taskbar BleedThrough" which is a new side-effect of either 1) voluntary or involuntary (AIM popup) alt-tabbing, or 2) voluntary or accidentally hitting the 'Windows Logo' key.
How can you see out of the corner of your eye when your eye is round?
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Can you test and confirm exactly which version of Myth 1.5 this first appeared in? Was it there in fc1? Was it there in pb#2? Was it there in pb#1?
Alan

Post by Alan »

Ok here it is:

v1.4.3 - it was there but with no bleed-through (after alt-tabbing there was no flashing taskbar, but if you click in the bottom of the screen it takes you out of Myth)

v1.4.4 - same as v1.4.3 (never noticed it because there was no bleed-through)

v1.4.5 - not there at all, no bleedthrough and clicking at the bottom of the screen had no ill effects. Although in this version the cursor flickers while moving and dissappears when not moving

vPB2 - taskbar flickers through

vFC1 - same as vPB2

v1.5 - same as vPB2

Those are the only versions I have on hand to check.
How can you see out of the corner of your eye when your eye is round?
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

there's a 1.4.5?
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net