A very small map building help required

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Falcon

A very small map building help required

Post by Falcon »

I need 4 maps for a summer tourney ...
2t Map with 5 warriors on each side
2t Map with 3 archers on each side
2t Map with 1 dorf on each side
2t Map with 1 Lock 1 Mort on each side

I seriously no nothing about map making so please someone help !
PM me if you want to do this for myth community (:
and yeah you can place this unit set on any of previously made maps too ...
Thanks-

PS :

A B C & D
GodzFire

Re: A very small map building help required

Post by GodzFire »

Wow.....you are honestly expecting someone to make 4 different maps completely from scratch? It's a good thing you admitted you didn't know anything about map making, because otherwise you'd be aware it takes a LONG time to properly create one map, let alone 4.

Why don't you just make a list of commonly played 3rd party maps and old favorites?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Falcon stated it could be on any previously made map. Therefore this would take a few minutes. So easy, even a godzfire can do it. :wink:

Find a map you want, extract it to the local folder if it isn't a default map. UnTag can disassemble plugins. Load the map in Loathing, open the tool for units (has a picture of a warrior). Double click that tool for a window to appear with a list of unit types the map uses. Select all the unit types in the list and delete. Add one set of units (warriors) you want for each team (team 0 and team 1 since its a 2-team map). Add observers (a big eye ball) for each team. It will be where the camera starts for that team when the map loads. Click on the map actions tool (has a picture of a flag), select all map actions and delete if it has any (if the map was a solo/coop). Save and close Loathing.

Open Fear. Make a string list tag in Fear where you will type the name of the map. Duplicate the string list tag and alter the name so you have a unique string list with a unique map name per map. Go to the mesh section in Fear and open the map you had messed with under Loathing. For "Map Description" select the string list tag that has the map's name. Duplicate the mesh tag so you can make the other variants. Link the correct string list tags for each mesh tag to point to their correct map names. Close Fear and Open the mesh you duplicated earlier. Remove the warriors and add the other units per team per mesh you are messing with.

When you are done open Fear, go to File... Build Plug-in File to create the plugin. Select all the tags that will be included in the plugin. Click OK, and it will be made in the plugins folder. Close Fear and remove your local folder. Delete it or just rename it. The end.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

I see what you mean Pyro. I read that more as 'I need 4 maps, please do this for me'.
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

seriously godzfire you're the most dumb person I EVER CAME THROUGH< if this helps you reaching a psychiatrist i'll edit my post 1000 more time . Where did I say do this for me ? jesus dude gtf over it and go meet some people out there. You need a break out of your basement .
Last edited by Falcon on Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Strange, I never knew a basement was on the 2nd level of a house.

"seriously godzfire you're the most dumb person ever." Looks like I'm not judging by that sentence.

Oh and by the way, you might want to take a look at your banners. You spelt 'Registration' wrong chief.
Falcon

Post by Falcon »

are you autistic ?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Trying to impugn the intelligence of a non-English-as-native-language speaker based on his/her English writing skills is stupid.

Even if Falcon were asking for brand new map(s) WHICH he clearly wasn't, he didn't even say he needed 4 DIFFERENT maps. One 2 team map with 4 different team configurations is all he's looking for. One map, 4 meshes. All you'd need to do is pick a 2 team map and make meshes with the units he requested.

On the other hand, I pm'ed falcon offering to help him and he's spending his time arguing with you rather than take 2 minutes to write back with a map he'd like to use, so that doesn't say much for his sincerity.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

go read the loathign manual, its pretty short and will tell you enough to build your first map!!!!!
deadman

Post by deadman »

for the type of map this is, i wonder if a 1x1 submesh map would work. Ive never made anything this tiny though...might be a hoot.

I'd volunteer for this pro bono, but by the time I got to it I thin your tourney would be over.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

deadman wrote:for the type of map this is, i wonder if a 1x1 submesh map would work. Ive never made anything this tiny though...might be a hoot.

I'd volunteer for this pro bono, but by the time I got to it I thin your tourney would be over.
Bar Room Brawl (which I totally need to finish v2 of), is 768 x 768 pixels if I remember right, smaller can work, but you need a decent buffer area at the sides to avoid hall of mirrors caused by the camera.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these: