myth2 1.8 suggestions

Talk about anything here.
Baron LeDant

Re: myth2 1.8 suggestions

Post by Baron LeDant »

what the hell dac?

Anyhoo the whole neutral host talking thing was my idea. The point is so people on the neutral observers team could talk to each other BUT not to the people playing.

Dac only mentioned the units being decided by host because he hates apollo kicking his units while he CB's. Personally I think its not needed, but I guess if you considered giving the host an option to "disable the highest points cost unit" on a map it would lead to some slightly different games, raid without myrk giants for example.

Not sure whats so controversial about all that, true its not high priority stuff (making my tilde key work in myth is!) but hey it was worth bringing it up right?
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
dac

Post by dac »

no dp, it wasnt your idea, its been bugging me for as long as i figured out port forwarding.

i do hate trows on trowless, it would be nice to disable them so you're right thats where the idea started! but clearly thats cheating.

i want to be able to talk to teams involved too, they deserve to be mocked or other commentary. if they dont want to be spammed byt he host dont play in his neutral hosted game, its really that simple.

the ability to host a game as a neutral host is pretty nice, and neutral hosts host these games as FAVORS to the palyers involved, not out of obligation and certainly its not the players doing the hsot a favor by taking advantage of the machine. what im proposing is something that takes the handcuffs off the host so that the host can interact and enjoy the time spent doing the plaeyrs a favor.

i dont see the big deal either.

yes raid without mg would probably be played lots, as would trowless trow and many others maps with mgs and such.
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

Dac these posts just prove my point. .... Here is a sig for you I know we'll see it soon

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... %20Sig.jpg
capital

Post by capital »

Please reduce the dimensions of the signature so it doesn't break the width of the forum.
\
Thanks.
dac

Post by dac »

thanks dicklyn, im sure they are lovely signatures but i cant access it from work so youll have to either find somewhere else to put them if you really want me to see them.

i do however find it funny that vr shut up after the warning from da.

and none of you have succeeded in convincing me that a server chatter is a bad thing.

you've only claimed to say that it *could* be used for spamming as if that outweighs the benefits of having somebody who is hosting not be bored out of their fking skull.

plus deq, ive seen you play mazz numerous times and i can guarantee that you do not read game chat anyway
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

Point Proven again... last word Dac. No one's trying to prove anyone anything just giving their opinion like you are.
Thanks for your suggestion, I appreciate it and your opinion.

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... %20Sig.jpg
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Warning #2: Cool it.
dac

Post by dac »

oh god the admins actually count at people here :( and i thought the mariusnet forums sucked!

@da: deq is an oldschool mazz buddy and FRIEND and he's yanking my chain afaik, this is brotherly bs and blowback from telling him he looks inbred and is batting out of his league with his fiance (or wife now? not sure) - all brotherly funtimes between daclyn and deqlyn. However, knowing that it is joking banter should not stop you from feeling the need to moderate the brotherly bs going on between the two of us. I'm glad somebody's around to make sure he doesnt hurt my feelings.

anyway, back on track:

Okay deq, you win, and you're completely right. I'll have to have the last word in every conversation because I like to actually respond to people. You still havent convinced me that the bad outweighs the good so feel free to keep firing.

LAST WORD DAC HAS SPOKEN!
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

dac wrote:oh god the admins actually count at people here :( and i thought the mariusnet forums sucked!
Oh please :P

Ill just tell you to stfu, I wont actually do anything... I'm just sick of these forums being filled with the same tireless shit. You people argue silly semantics like its no ones business.

That said: deq's wife is pretty hot.
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

Word 2 months and counting
dac

Post by dac »

i think vr takes the cake with arguing semantics!

this is me getting in last word again.

deq's wife is most certainly too good for him :)

i mean, she's like a legit 4 on the 10scale
dac

M3TWA vs TWindA

Post by dac »

double post is for effect.

just kidding deq, she's at least a 6
Isolder

Post by Isolder »

Death's Avatar wrote:That said: deq's wife is pretty hot.
Pictures.. must.. be .. provided
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

go wonder around my udogs you'll find them. see dac your still going and i said nothing.

Judge Thread says "VR is the LAW" 4-0 VR well played.
dac

Post by dac »

this isnt mariusnet.

logic applies