Nostalgia attack

Talk about anything here.
BlackFox

Nostalgia attack

Post by BlackFox »

I haven't played Myth since playmyth.net went the way of the dodo, but today I got a blast of nostalgia from an unexpected source.

I'm at college now, and three times a day the clock tower plays five or six songs. Their play list usually includes mostly classical music, some classic rock (the Beatles), and some pop songs (Lady Gaga). Today the started with a tune I knew I recognized, but couldn't place it. They maintain a recently played song section on their website, so I checked it out.

It was "the siege of Madrigal," from Myth II. They had it erroneously labeled "from Halo," because I guess no one remembers what Bungie did before that.

Anyway, kind of a pointless story, but hearing that slow, sad music really brought me back to playing through Myth 2 for the first time. It's great there are still some devoted fans keeping this place running.
Attachments
Screen shot 2010-09-26 at 12.47.03 PM.png
Screen shot 2010-09-26 at 12.47.03 PM.png (51.62 KiB) Viewed 997 times
Gerraldinho

Re: Nostalgia attack

Post by Gerraldinho »

Gotta love the college bells. You must have been quite a young Myth player if you're just in college now (or an older student... or just someone who plays older games... or any number of things I suppose)
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

The reason it was labeled as part of Halo was because that soundtrack was included with Halo eventhough it came from the Myth series. I have heard that each Halo game (except Halo Wars, I think) had an easter egg with Siege of Madrigal as part of it. Search on YouTube and you will see some examples.
Baak

Post by Baak »

Wow, that must have been something to hear playing from the college bell tower! :D
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

BlackFox wrote:It was "the siege of Madrigal," from Myth II. They had it erroneously labeled "from Halo," because I guess no one remembers what Bungie did before that.
love the diversity of college music, even the bell tower is genre-free!

useless trivia: the author of "Bare Necessitites" is the father of the lead guitarist of the 80's LA punk band 'X'.
BlackFox

Post by BlackFox »

Gerraldinho wrote:Gotta love the college bells. You must have been quite a young Myth player if you're just in college now (or an older student... or just someone who plays older games... or any number of things I suppose)
Yes, quite young. I believe it was the first game I played with violent dismemberment in it 8)
I was introduced to it because the son of the reverend of the congregation my family belonged to used to play Myth on the church computer. That ruffled some feathers, certainly.