MYTH total war at TWC forums

Talk about anything here.
GodzFire

Re: MYTH total war at TWC forums

Post by GodzFire »

Don't try to start so many things at once Briar, otherwise you will become quickly overwhelmed. I suggest to first focus on completing the unit models, as that will then open you up to other areas.
Briariuss

Post by Briariuss »

You're right..I did rushed myself into too many things..:(
I started to being skeptical about a total war mod without campaign..so I made a map, but then I realized how much work I have left with the units...so I got back the right way and now I'm just taking small steps... :wink:
that's the way to go....

thanks for your advice..I take it...and I'm gonna finish the models first...nothing else....
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

if it were available for the Mac I would buy it as well.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

vinylrake wrote:if it were available for the Mac I would buy it as well.
This.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I had MTW2 on my Mac (on my XP installation) but got rid of it because it just wasn't that enjoyable.

I'll totally be reinstalling it if this mod goes well. Best of luck, it's brilliant work so far!
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

Jon God wrote:
This.
Get a mac.

Oh wait :)
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

well obviously macs suck because my 2009 mac chokes when i try to play TWindA-units or any other high res units.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

oogaBooga wrote:
Jon God wrote:
This.
Get a mac.

Oh wait :)

Har har, Mac users are the only one who talk about how great their hardware/software is.... Oh wait.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

"my 2009 mac chokes when i try to play TWindA-units or any other high res units."

I must be desensitized to choppy performance because I thought it ran fine.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

William Wallet wrote:I must be desensitized to choppy performance because I thought it ran fine.
it's not true for all recent macs. the 2009 era mac mini appears to have a graphics chip that despite meeting the recommended spec (at least for what works on the PC side) doesn't like huge hi res myth units. at least some mac books have reported perfectly acceptable performance.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Ah true! I was somewhat covering my arse with that comment, however - I truly don't bat an eyelid at choppy FPS. I play a lot of Rise of Flight these days, and my iMac struggles a bit with that game, even once I turn off all of the HDR junk.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

it's typical annoying apple behavior of releasing a computer that has nice specs for the price but then you find out once you have it that there's one crucial place they skimped on to save a buck or two and screwed the customer.

they do it so often i really should be used to it, but i specifically waited until this model of the mini before i bought one because i knew they were upgrading the graphics chip and speed of the io ports (firewire) which were both things i didn't like about the previous version(s), so it was doubly frustrating to slam face-first into this wall a few months after buying it.

on the other hand, factoring in that i'll most likely be purchasing a new computer sometime in the next 18 months, and the length of time all these hi-res unit projects are taking, i'll probably have a new computer by the time any of them are released. (good natured prod to project developers, not meant to insult)
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

no insult taken, probably by the time they get released your computer will talk to you and make coffee and clean the house for you...
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

carlinho wrote:no insult taken, probably by the time they get released your computer will talk to you and make coffee and clean the house for you...
I'm always up for at least helping with dtex, not sure what else I could do that would be up to standard.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

No one slap me for this -

but isn't it about time the trees, rocks and grass got hi-res as well? It probably goes without saying that whatever models or resources that they were created from were not as well preserved as the unit models, but surely there is some solution out there ...

Just feels funny to have super hi-res guys, super awesome ground textures ... and super blurry scenery items. Maybe I've missed a memo and this has already been done.