MYTH total war at TWC forums

Talk about anything here.
Briariuss

Re: MYTH total war at TWC forums

Post by Briariuss »

vinylrake wrote:seriously, this conversion might be the best.thing.ever. at least since the creation of Myth TFL. hmmmm.... and maybe women. tough call. if this conversion will work with the Total War that's mac compatible, then TFL is first, then this conversion, then women.
Hey Vinylrake! That's the sweetest compliment a modder ever can get.

Thx!

B.
Briariuss

Post by Briariuss »

Hi guys,

I updated the TW site with another unit.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=373446

Kind of cheap solution which I had to use but Total-war engine doesn't allow you to attach a particle to a unit. :(
So I had to make the soulles a kind of different way.
Hope you'll still like it.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Briariuss wrote:Hi guys,

I updated the TW site with another unit.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=373446

Kind of cheap solution which I had to use but Total-war engine doesn't allow you to attach a particle to a unit. :(
So I had to make the soulles a kind of different way.
Hope you'll still like it.
It looks okay to me.

Though, what bungie did is just kinda make transparent purple orbs around the souless.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Briariuss

Post by Briariuss »

Yeah, transparency is another concern. You believe it or not, in total war it's impossible to make transparent alpha :D It's really shame, there is only full transparent or not transparent at all...the gray, medium values don't work on the alpha channel. :(
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Briariuss wrote:Yeah, transparency is another concern. You believe it or not, in total war it's impossible to make transparent alpha :D It's really shame, there is only full transparent or not transparent at all...the gray, medium values don't work on the alpha channel. :(
Ah, wow, I get why you did that then. :)
Briariuss

Post by Briariuss »

Hi, I've changed the ghols animation to more like an ape/monkey movement..and I made him a lot faster. So better to watch your archers asses out there cause these ghols are deadly(they are still weak though :wink: )

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthre ... 46&page=11

post#218
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

freaking amazing!
the only thing is who will stop those brutes if they are so fast?
you won't even have time to blast them with charges....
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Briariuss

Post by Briariuss »

Yeah I'll have think about the final speed but, that's good for a beta test. I tested it and fir'bolgs with high range and high damage still can kill them.
We'll see. I really like them this way, they're what they meant to be. Fast, but weak dwarf and archer hunters. :twisted:

Cheers
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

well, looking forward to it!
looks really amazing!
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

I think the ghol animation paired with that speed looks a little goofy. It could play well though, since I've not tried it. :P
Briariuss

Post by Briariuss »

Yeah, I felt first time the same. :) But somehow it looks a lot faster in this video than it really is. I think in actual gameplay it won't be any problem with it. ;)
Briariuss

Post by Briariuss »

Jon God wrote:I think the ghol animation paired with that speed looks a little goofy. It could play well though, since I've not tried it. :P

Hi Jon God,

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3411/7r6.mp4

Just to prove my point in the previous comment. Check out this video. Actually the animation is a previos version(still needs some imprvement though) but the speed is the same. what do you think? It isn't that fast ,is it?
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

This mod's got me fascinated with how TW actually works as far as troop speeds go. Been a while since I played Medieval but I seem to remember there was a bit of a 'charge' thing going on when the soldiers hit a certain point (bit like how you can get charging soldiers in Myth now).
What I'm wondering is how much control a modder would have over that facility with TW. It'd make sense (if possible) to have a ghôl's overall speed be pretty high, but have any sort of extra speed from charging be somewhat negligible. I dunno, maybe there's a balance issue there.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Briariuss

Post by Briariuss »

Hi William,

Yes, this is exactly how it works. The units have a base speed and this speed changes depends on the unit just march, run, or charge.
For the moment I only edited the running speed and running animation and actually they're slower when they're charging cause I didn't touch their default charging speed. Of course this should be changed and I'm gonna have to speed up slightly the charge speed.
There will be a lot of balance issue... :( but balancing and changing parameters is really fun and relieveing after this whole modelling, texturing, animating..stuff.. :wink:
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Oh mate, I'm envious! It'll be really interesting to see how the sort of squad-combat feel of Myth could be translated to the Total War, which is really a different beast. I'm loving what we've seen so far.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em