MYTH total war at TWC forums

Talk about anything here.
Briariuss

Re: MYTH total war at TWC forums

Post by Briariuss »

William Wallet wrote:Oh mate, I'm envious! It'll be really interesting to see how the sort of squad-combat feel of Myth could be translated to the Total War, which is really a different beast. I'm loving what we've seen so far.
Hi,

:). It is interesting indeed. I guess beta testing is gonna take a lot of time. As I started to play custom battles, I felt like it's better not to aim making similar gameplay to MYthTFL (It's impossible afterall), but putting more emphasis on huge battle scales and forget about individuals, or small groups.
I'll have to find a good use of the Total War engine's advantages, so finally you can fight those big epic battles, what you've just heard about in Myth. :)
Phex

Post by Phex »

This looks very interesting, you did a great job.

I am just wondering why they all have white eyes...?
Briariuss

Post by Briariuss »

Phex wrote:This looks very interesting, you did a great job.

I am just wondering why they all have white eyes...?
Hi,

Good question. The idea came from a memory or an impression, when I played Myth back then, when I was young. There was this cutscene with the volcano, an army stood in the front and the camera was tracking on it. They all looked really mean and badass. :twisted:
As I remembered they didn't have eyeballs there just these white eyes. Later I realized I was wrong and the did have eyeball, but I kept the white-eyes cause I liked them.
Now I made a decision and because I didn't want to loose any fan and supporter I've changed the textures and they all have eyeballs now. :wink: (so those pictures aren't representing the final look after all)
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

For further reference, the cutscene you speak of was depicting 'brainwashed' men of the human army, coerced by The Deceiver's spells. The cutscene is for Shadow of the Mountain, and it's the only level in myth where you get to fight your own troops. I think the white dead eyes look was done to portray that brainwashed look. Perhaps if you consctruct any famous battles with The Deceiver it would be worthwhile to keep the white eye textured variations and use them as enemy units! :)
Briariuss

Post by Briariuss »

Thx Graydon for lighten this up for me. Actually when I played the game I was 14 years old and I didn't spek Englsih at all. :D
Now that I'm making this mod I read a lot of lore about Myth' world and story, characters. I have to make up for a lot. :)
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

I am interested in playing and testing this awesome looking mod - i just bought the game and i'm getting familiar with the controls. Where might I be able to get it?
ThreeTigerSilverWind

Post by ThreeTigerSilverWind »

Hey Briar--

Does TW Medieval 2 have editors like Fear and Loathing? Would we be able to change the stats of the units (such as attack power, hit points, speed, etc.)?

Thanks.
Briariuss

Post by Briariuss »

Happy New Year for all of you! (a little late, sorry :? )

@ThreeTigerSilverWind

Unfortunately there isn't anything like this. I mean there is, but only for the vanilla Total War 1.2. It won't work with mods.
I'm modifying the values and stats with notepad++, myself. The file which contains the units stats isn't that difficult to handle.

Cheers

B.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

GodzFire wrote:Incredibly impressive Briariuss. These were all created by scratch?

We have numerous large scale high quality pictures of the units which might further help you if you wish.

EDIT: They really, REALLY could use eyes.
Sorry, I can't take any credit for these.
Wish I could though. :D
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

To be honest, I liked the white eyes better. In spite of the fact the light units depicted aren't the Deceiver's brainwashed army, I think the white eyes gave it a nice artistic touch.

Either way this looks really, really fun.

I tried to play the campaign aspect of total war and I must say I really prefer instant/historical battles. The country and resource governing aspects are my least favorite part of the game.

But I do enjoy the battles, except when the computer just sits there for a billion years waiting for you to attack because they're too cowardly to attack a force almost half its size. Also the fact they always use the trees for cover because armies can move through them easily but it majorly hampers human players (since the computer obviously always keeps track of its army with perfect precision, so it doesn't matter what visual obstructions are around).

I just wish when 2 groups of melee clashed they wouldnt take the initial 10 seconds to stare each other down before even taking a swing, that also bugs me, I was hoping for more braveheart-style epic clashes with the first few rows of enemies intermingling so deeply that it becomes a giant mosh pit with armies on either side.

Fun game though, I just besieged Jerusalem :)
ThreeTigerSilverWind

Post by ThreeTigerSilverWind »

Briariuss wrote:Unfortunately there isn't anything like this. I mean there is, but only for the vanilla Total War 1.2. It won't work with mods.
I'm modifying the values and stats with notepad++, myself. The file which contains the units stats isn't that difficult to handle.

When you make the Heron Guard unit, please make them the uber hero-type units they were meant to be! It would be awesome to see a small squad of Herons decimate an entire army of thrall. I heard the new Shogun 2 Total War game will feature hero units that will be able to take on fifty enemies at a time, or some such number.
Briariuss

Post by Briariuss »

Hi, The Heron Guards are gonna be uber hero type units of course! :wink:

By the way I updated the screens on TWC..eyeballs added for light units and Myrmdon is also done!
Finally.

Cheers
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Remember guys, Briar is making a PURE TFL mod. There won't be any units from Myth 2 in there.

Maybe a M2 mod can happen down the road, but Briar is doing his very best to keep this as faithful to TFLs as possible.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Little teaser picture......meet the family :-)

William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

You kick Myth 3's arse, you know that?
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em