A 2nd tfl multipack - What maps would you like to see ported?

Talk about anything here.
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

maybe a seperate plugin with the co-ops :)
Rubba

Post by Rubba »

K, in no particular order, my vote (w/reserved right to add more if need be =D):

Mauriacs Tale (mauriac.gor), Magma2 series (Shadow Mt2, Forest2, Flight2, etc), LegendaryII, Fallen Legends, Dark Campaign ... Hmmmm .. a couple #CP plugs that for the life of me I can't remember right now ... one was on the carn map with alric\wars\arch etc vs enemy alric with a crap load of baddies like fetch/duff cber's etc ... I "think" it was called the last refuge but i forget ... also cphouse divided (I think Conner or someone did it), I also liked g1coops (dunno who made it but it was dumb and fun), MagUnity3, err dorf riot in there somewhere and ummm that is it for "now".
Rubba

Post by Rubba »

Uhmm I jst read your post more carefully Iron ... scrap my post above ... I listed mostly coops. ::spits::
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

hehe np :)

Some, like Mauriac, are huge as TFL plugins and would be larger still when ported to myth 2. Plus solos are a ton of work to convert. I'm focussing on multi as its something I can probably get done without too much hassle & time. Plus I'm lazy.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete »

Iron, if you're gonna put some of the ports PJM did for TFL please include Strife on the Plains (or whatever mesh had most of your army stoned at the start). I really would like to hear the cries of "I hate you" as someone gets half of their stoned army duffed to hell, one more time. :)
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

At almost 30 meshes, the M2 to TFL Magma ports might warrent their own plugin. Wouldn't be too big either as all the cmaps wouldn't have to be included. I think I'd prefer that as opposed to a TFL mappack, as I never felt any of them were true "TFL maps".
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

i'm with CP on that one
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

I played offline for ages but didn't play Myth online till early 2004. I missed out on a lot and the plugins you say are just there for sentimental value would be a great history lesson for people like me.

I never bothered get Ghol Rugby since noone plays TFL except me and about 4 others but I rekon it sounds da bomb.

The idea of porting the MII-->TFL ports would be great. I think the Magma team are very reminicent of Bungie and only your maps are up to their standard. The style is very similar. If you ported these across I'd make them some of my order (The Forgotten Shadows) must own maps.
Subzero

Post by Subzero »

the coop that took place on carnage and had the pit in middle filled in with concrete stuff was called last stand or something like that i think the person that made it was Soulsbane of clan plaid i could be wrong my second guess would be Scruggler of clan plaid dont ask me why but i think it was a #CP#J that made it, it would be hard to port tho and impossible to play without vtfl on because the enemy cbed you, but i would love to be able to play it again
Prokofiev P.o.R.N.

Post by Prokofiev P.o.R.N. »

What I'd really like to see - the original desert map with the raised bases and all (used in 'desert between your teeth' but without the weird units you added, namely stygs) and comet dark and light from unity 2. Also, garden u2 might be good. But mainly original desert and comet are what I miss most. Also, any chance of porting VRPP?

Incidentally, vTFL journeyman heal faster than true TFL journeyman - although this doesn't bother me as much considering that healing an enemy thrall in true TFL was always a bit too tricky.

Thanks for all the good work - especially for vTFL.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Guest wrote:What I'd really like to see - the original desert map with the raised bases and all (used in 'desert between your teeth' but without the weird units you added, namely stygs)
Play it on Normal or Simple, I forget which, and the unit set should be identical to the TFL original.
Dio

Post by Dio »

The only maps I care to have ported are Stirling and a great dark vs. light map. I have struggled for weeks to try and port stirling, not to mention the endless bottles of tylenol ! How you guys port this stuff is a mystery to me and I am just happy you want to port them for us. I even tried to make a brand new Stirling..but failed in the mesh.
So thank you in advance for anything you port.
Dio
"The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress".
- Joseph Joubert
huevosrancheros

Post by huevosrancheros »

A Calling Ktulu - this map is definitely worth porting, very pretty colormap and good gameplay. Not sure if this is already in the TFL Multipack though...

Chris is totally right about VRPoolParty.. it was a fun but cheezy map. I pretty much feel the same way about Alric vs. SB... no need to port 'novelty' maps IMO.

Unity2 should be ported in its entirety. No offense to Magma (which can claim the second through twentieth best plugins of all time) but it was the best plug i've ever played, we probably played a few thousand good to great games on it over the years. Talk about a history lesson...

Iron, you've got a good list going already. I would be overjoyed to see even one of those maps make it to PM.net, let alone all of em. Thanks man, keep up the good work!

-neddo
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Goul Rugby Goul Rugby Goul Rugby!@!@
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Ghol Rugby is amazing. What about some new Rugby games, like a solo version and some 2 teams, 4 teams and even 16 teams. It would be hard but it's a thought.

multiple ghol would be fun. Fast, long throwing, quick turning, what about a pathfinder ghol or 2 that become visible when u give them the ball?

What about a TFL solo pack? U said Fallen Levels v2 had some classic TFL plugins, but I can only c the original Bungie solo maps.

I say making ports of Magma's Myth II maps ported to TFL should be made first. They combine Bungie and Magma's taste for maps, which must combine great.