New Gametype Suggestion

Talk about anything here.
BIG KROK V8 SS

New Gametype Suggestion

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Kill count? Why has this never been implemented. Like body count, but it tallies number of units killed. I guess it could only count like it does in your end game stats, and any units you kill as a result of walking over a satchel, mort, etc. that don't register on your unit probably won't count either. Or if you kill a bunch of units using your own dwarves' satchels, I don't think it would register either, unless the bottle was the direct cause of death.

Any thoughts?
Jon God

Re: New Gametype Suggestion

Post by Jon God »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:Kill count? Why has this never been implemented. Like body count, but it tallies number of units killed. I guess it could only count like it does in your end game stats, and any units you kill as a result of walking over a satchel, mort, etc. that don't register on your unit probably won't count either. Or if you kill a bunch of units using your own dwarves' satchels, I don't think it would register either, unless the bottle was the direct cause of death.

Any thoughts?
It's easy to make this as a gametype, via stampede or Assassin, IIRC. Though an official option would be awesome, I am all for new gametypes, stacking them sucks.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

i think this one would be playable. if you think about it, most gametypes with a ball are WAY underplayed. they aren't as playable... the style of gaming these days is centered around direct battle, less the actual gametype. i think you could come up with a lot of unique gametypes, but they will just feel like a novelty, and eventually it would revert back to the current style of play.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

the reason games with balls are underplayed is because too many people fail to grasp the nuances of playing different kinds of games with different goals and just play body count figuring if they kill everyone else they will win so they get pissed off yelling about stupid games when they have 80% of their units left and someone with 5% sneaks in and steals the ball at the end of a game to win a game of bacon. True, you usually win when you kill everyone else, but playing BC 100% of the time really makes games pretty boring.

of course i am a player who does better when people are playing to win the game-type not just playing BC (which i sook at since i am a mediocre player at best) so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but when people actually adjust their strategies according to the different kinds of games it's a lot more interesting. imo.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

LOL. spoken like a true newbie.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:LOL. spoken like a true newbie.

Are you high? I just agreed with you.

let's check the record.

you said "the style of gaming these days is centered around direct battle, less the actual gametype"

then i said "the reason games with balls are underplayed is because too many people fail to grasp the nuances of playing different kinds of games with different goals and just play body count"

uh hate to break it to you but we basically said the same thing - e.g. that people focus on the battle (BC), not the gametype.

learn to read before you reply.

ps. I might play like a n00b but I've been playing far longer than you.
dac

Post by dac »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:Kill count? Why has this never been implemented. Like body count, but it tallies number of units killed. I guess it could only count like it does in your end game stats, and any units you kill as a result of walking over a satchel, mort, etc. that don't register on your unit probably won't count either. Or if you kill a bunch of units using your own dwarves' satchels, I don't think it would register either, unless the bottle was the direct cause of death.

Any thoughts?

dota
league of legends
heroes of newearth

last hitting is only fun in a coop when you yoink kills from an ally to piss them off.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Also, Deadfall has that style of multiplayer.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

True.

Lol vinylrake can't take a simple joke. You've been playing longer than me? Unless you were one of the first to download the tfl demo, i highly doubt that. you don't know me.
Point

Post by Point »

[quote="vinylrake"]the reason games with balls are underplayed is .....[/quote

myth player base is mostly guys these days and traditionally guys simply aren't that interested in playing with balls. Myth needs some women ... just saying ..
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

i like playing with my balls, but sometimes its hard to find other balls, or steal someone else's.