Bungie Textures for the Fallen levels v2

Talk about anything here.
myth_is_pleasure

Bungie Textures for the Fallen levels v2

Post by myth_is_pleasure »

Dear dedicated talented members of Project Magma,

Over the years I have continued to be extremely impressed and pleased with the many patches and plugins you have developed to improve Myth and provide support for modern hardware (running the game via dx11 makes me smile). Thanks for all the hard work!

Recently, with 1.7, I absolutely loved the Bungie Map Textures plugin for the high quality landscape textures. Of course, now I want ALL of my maps to look as good as the original Myth II maps that you already addressed. Are there any plans or work already begun to bring the 24 bit glory to the Fallen levels? I'm assuming its not an easy thing to do, but I haven't dabbled with fear and loathing in over 10+ years. Any information about future 24 bit maps would be great! If this question has already been answered, sorry for not checking more carefully.

Much respect and appreciation,
Another old Myth fan
vinylrake

Re: Bungie Textures for the Fallen levels v2

Post by vinylrake »

Sounds like someone needs to post some files to the Tain. I am sure someone has either already done this or is currently working on this - it being such an obvious candidate for texurizing.

To create a texture set you can't use Fear and Loathing, you need the currently-in-advanced-beta-testing app, "Oak".
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

I've already textured all of The Fallen Levels, Chimera, the Bungie PRASP maps, as well as the TFL multipack.

As for an ETA, I'm not sure, I've been doing some polish, as well as juggling a few other projects. Just keep checking in, and I will try to let people know as soon as it's available.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Jon God wrote:I've already textured all of The Fallen Levels, Chimera, the Bungie PRASP maps, as well as the TFL multipack.

As for an ETA, I'm not sure, I've been doing some polish, as well as juggling a few other projects. Just keep checking in, and I will try to let people know as soon as it's available.
Why not post betas on the Tain so people could start using them?
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Myrd wrote:
Jon God wrote:I've already textured all of The Fallen Levels, Chimera, the Bungie PRASP maps, as well as the TFL multipack.

Why not post betas on the Tain so people could start using them?
I have something in mind, don't worry.
myth_is_pleasure

Jon God,

Very excited to hear you have already textured pretty much everything I was hoping!

Thanks for bringing all these maps to high-res; I am really looking forward to playing vTFL with the new landscapes!
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

myth_is_pleasure wrote:Jon God,

Very excited to hear you have already textured pretty much everything I was hoping!

Thanks for bringing all these maps to high-res; I am really looking forward to playing vTFL with the new landscapes!
I look forward to sharing it with you and everyone else.

Any other plugins you might like to see dtexed?
myth_is_pleasure

The Chimera solo campaign was the only other group of maps besides the Fallen Levels that I was really really hoping to see, but you've already got that covered and then some... :D

What are the Bungie PRASP maps? Haven't seen that acronym before.

I don't play conversions much, but I do play JINN some still; that would be the only other big plugin I would use and enjoy right away.

In general though, any of the popular custom MWC maps would be a welcome addition!

Thanks again!
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

PRASP is commonly thought to mean "Post Release Attention Span Product"

e.g. Maps created by Bungie but either not created before or finished in time for the official M2 release. Maps usually described as being PRASP maps are "Leagues from Nowhere", "Boil and Bubble", and "Seven Phoenix Rising".
ThreeTigerSilverWind

Post by ThreeTigerSilverWind »

Jon God wrote:
I look forward to sharing it with you and everyone else.

Any other plugins you might like to see dtexed?
Hey Jon God--

It would be great to play The Seventh God maps with dtex.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

myth_is_pleasure wrote:The Chimera solo campaign was the only other group of maps besides the Fallen Levels that I was really really hoping to see, but you've already got that covered and then some... :D

What are the Bungie PRASP maps? Haven't seen that acronym before.

I don't play conversions much, but I do play JINN some still; that would be the only other big plugin I would use and enjoy right away.

In general though, any of the popular custom MWC maps would be a welcome addition!

Thanks again!
The Bungie downloadable maps, Going to Town, Cryptic Wightings, Boil and Bubble, Leagues from Nowhere, and Phoenix Rising.

As for JINN, it's also done, and I plan to do a handfull of the MWC maps too.

Hey Jon God--

It would be great to play The Seventh God maps with dtex.
No thanks, that'd be a _lot_ of work. Godz was planning on doing it though.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

hey jongod, not to get into a heated debate or anything, but do you consider the 2 unfinished maps (Going to Town, Cryptic Wightings) to be similar enough to "Boil and Bubble", "Leagues from Nowhere", and "Phoenix Rising" to call them 'PRASP'?

i ask because i always considered the PRASP maps as maps that Bungie finished and released, just not in time for M2's release, where as GtT and CW weren't really ever quite finished or officially released (if I am remembering correctly).
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

vinylrake wrote:hey jongod, not to get into a heated debate or anything, but do you consider the 2 unfinished maps (Going to Town, Cryptic Wightings) to be similar enough to "Boil and Bubble", "Leagues from Nowhere", and "Phoenix Rising" to call them 'PRASP'?

i ask because i always considered the PRASP maps as maps that Bungie finished and released, just not in time for M2's release, where as GtT and CW weren't really ever quite finished or officially released (if I am remembering correctly).
Well, they are Bungie maps, and that was enough for me. I dunno if they fall into the PRASP category, but I did dtex them.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

ok. i thought you replying to the question 'what is a PRASP map' - and PRASP maps are an odd thing.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

GtT and CW are both present in the Myth 2 tags in a few locations..... collection pregames and perhaps string lists? The other 3 were _post release_. By your definition VR, GtT and CW are the only two official PRASP maps. LfN, B&B, and PR were concepted and created by bungie employees after the game was released, probably using the shipped map tools.