Saving Vets for a separate coop game

Talk about anything here.
myth_is_pleasure

Saving Vets for a separate coop game

Post by myth_is_pleasure »

Is there some plugin to save the vet units you have accumulated in a multiplayer coop session for another session (like after you have totally exited the game to main menu?

The game clearly has a que that can save unused vet unit types between levels; so has someone already addressed this and made something that lets you reload your vet pool in a new multiplayer game?

Sorry for not looking harder if this has already been addressed.

Any info would be appreciated!
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Saving Vets for a separate coop game

Post by Pyro »

There is no way for that at the moment.
myth_is_pleasure

Post by myth_is_pleasure »

Thanks for responding Pyro.

In your opinion, is this a plugin that could be made without much difficulty, or would this require serious work?
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Plugins don't have the ability to save vets. The moment you leave the game you are hosting, the vets are gone.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

i think he's using 'plugin' to mean modifying the myth game so that it could save/store vets. - e.g. the myth game engine would be changed to let you save vets like you can currently save films or games in progress. then when you are starting up a coop/solo you could reload a set of vets you had previously saved.

raises some issues of course, since the myth engine would have to be able to compare the vets vs. the map/plugin being played to make sure they are compatible, and i imagine it might be a bit of a project to change the vet logic and add saving and loading from saved-vet-files, but i dunno, i just play the game.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Well whatever he meant, currently there is no way to allow this without a change for a future update.