Hello, My name is Shard

Talk about anything here.
Shard

Hello, My name is Shard

Post by Shard »

Hello, I would like to make a post to introduce myself, My name is Shard, I first started playing myth back around 1997, approximately. I played for an order by the name of Dead on Arrival. I don't think we were the best of orders back then but we had a lot of fun and an on going rivalry (at least from our point of view) with the somewhat more well known Men of Rohan. I have came back once before a few years ago and played a bunch of games on the old PlayMyth site. Since then I have pursued a Computer Science degree and i am currently in my fourth year. I tell you this because although i am somewhat new I would like to offer my services as a reasonably knowledgeable programmer to the myth community. I don't know if there is anything the myth community needs help with but I am offering none the less. Looking forward to playing some games with everyone. Drop me a line if you remember me from the old b.net days :)
Jon God

Re: Hello, My name is Shard

Post by Jon God »

I wasn't around for most of the b.net days, but I welcome you none the less, welcome to The Tain, and welcome back to Myth. I look forward to seeing you online!
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Shard, great to hear from you.

I bet an additional Programmer would be great to have, although I'm not a 'dev' myself to speak as such. However there's always something that can be worked on it seems in Myth. :-)

So what OS platform do you code?
Last edited by GodzFire on Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shard

Post by Shard »

I haven't had a lot of framework experience other then the 3D aspect of OpenGL, when I took my openGL course the 2D aspect wasn't covered :roll: however i have done a ton work with java that i highly doubt has any application to myth:) However i am also very proficient with C and C++. I really know very little about myth (from a programming stand point anyway, lol) and its structure. I have a solid idea of the theory behind it tho. I'm sure you guys that have been writing myth updates for years are 10x better at it then i can hope to be but if you want to throw some smaller stuff my way I would be happy to help how i can.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Hi Shard,

nice to meet you.

Welcome to the forum "Tain Total Codex," and the Myth 1, 2 and 3.

You know the tools Myth2 "loathing" and "fear"? Knows how to work with them?

I currently know how to do basic parameterizations.

I particularly like map solo single-player . and forward, I hope that some Myther post a new map with good playability and storyline.
Shard

Post by Shard »

I have played around with fear and loathing, but i have found my Photoshop ability is really poor, so it limits my ability to make unit animation sets and map meshes
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Hey Shard, welcome back to Myth :D

We have a hotline server at hl.udogs.net where most of the stuff happens, grab the client Here and join us.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Actually if you are on Windows, IN MY OPINION the only client that still works really well is called Hotline Client SuperTracker Edition
http://www.nailbat.com/hotline/hlclient ... dition.zip
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I'm actually on Windows and I have no issue with Hotline Client 1.8.5 just as other Windows users on the udogs hotline.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

this is needless argumentation.
Baak

Post by Baak »

vinylrake wrote:this is needless argumentation.
No it isn't.

... get it? :lol:

In the FWIW category, I used to use "Underline" a Hotline alternative. Worked fine for me, but use at your own risk, etc. http://www.hyperspasm.com/underline/