Marathon Maps

Talk about anything here.
rifthead

Marathon Maps

Post by rifthead »

Just out of curiosity, how many different marathon/myth conversions were there? I know of Somewhere in the Heavens, Maramyth, Frog Blast the Vent Core, and the newer project Mljinor...how many different maps were made for them? I found a maramyth collection on the tain, but did any of the others have their own maps too?
Last edited by rifthead on Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
vinylrake

Re: Marathon Maps

Post by vinylrake »

There was a map for the "Somewhere in the heavens"(SitH) tagset called "Three Eyes on the Plains".

The ISOYG (I'll Sphit on your Grave) tagset had a map of the same name, also "Frog Blast the Vent Core", and "Will Work Pfhor Food".

There's also a "newish" Marathon tagset included in Baak's "Anywhere Tagset" which is based on the SitH tagset but optimized for more marathon-like combat, and also so the units can play on hundreds of 3rd party maps. (it does the same for Alien, Blue & Grey, Bushido, Leggo, MythWarrior, Dorfball, and more) http://www.orderofhpak.com/OoHDownloads.php
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

SITH, ISOYG, EVIL, Ooga's Mjloner and I think one more, not sure.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
rifthead

Post by rifthead »

Oh! I forgot about ISOYG...does anyone have the link to that tagset and the maps? Also, what's EVIL? I remember the one for Marathon ∞, but never heard of a version for myth...got links? I'd love to try it out.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

Evil was only lightly touched upon by SitH, which included a devlin unit. In my Mjolnir tagset, I added weapon drops, and among them are (a) the Railgun from evil, (b) the Nuke launcher from evil (very rare), and last but certainly not least the Pfhor Shockstaff from evil. As far as more maps go, I have a few really really awesome maps in the works, but the people who were going to help me script the multiplayer deathmatch aspect got distracted and wandered off. The maps are all ready, though.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

SET THEM FREE!
rifthead

Post by rifthead »

Vinyl, thanks a ton for the ISOYG links! Ooga, Mjolnir has been eating up far more of my time than it should, in the best of ways. I love the weapon drops.

The reason I've been asking is because I have an idea for a project using marathon units. I'm still pounding away on my first idea (http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... lla#p55246), so it will be a while until I can actually start it, but I figure it's never too early to gather all the pieces.

The basic concept is a co-op/solo where the players get 9 marines and face off against waves and waves of pfhor, based on the battle in the colony on Tau Ceti in the original marathon:

"There is surprisingly good news planetside: nine military Mjolnir
Mark IV cyborgs were covertly living among the
colonists, and acting together they were able to
single-handedly turn back the latter stages of the Pfhor
assault. Casualties on the colony were nowhere near as high
as those we experienced here on the Marathon."
-Ingue Ferroque
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

I had an edited version of Darth Revan's "Gladiators in the Underworld" that I tailored for Mjolnir.. it was really fun, but it needed a better mesh, it was very cramped quarters. I was always tempted to just reimport a new cmap and disp map, but I didnt have the motivation, wanted to finish the multiplayer stuff first.

I wanted to do a wave-based solo or coop survival map in the same fashion as you describe, Rift.. if you're a scripter, i'd be glad to work on the coop map with you. Maybe you would be interested in collaborating? Then I could release mjolnir 1.7 which has been sitting on my HD forever, and includes 2 new weapon drops not in 1.5. (Rubicon's AR, which is a similar but more accurate MA-75B style assault rifle, and also for those pesky juggernauts, rubicon's plasma rifle)

Still interested in completing both multiplayer and at least 1 coop map. Any help is appreciated, the project is like 95% done, just need rather simple scripting.
rifthead

Post by rifthead »

I'm just starting to pick up scripting, basically from scratch (though I have had success picking up skills like this in the past). I'm hoping that by finishing my Monster Mod I'll have enough scripting chops to do something like this project. I'm all pfhor collaborating though (if you can pardon the pun).

We could also ask Jon God for help...the scripting in Deadfall seems similar to what we'd want to do.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

Yeah Jon would be the ideal candidate but i'm sure people have already gotten him to agree to a laundry list of maps that they want detail textured.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

oogaBooga wrote:Yeah Jon would be the ideal candidate but i'm sure people have already gotten him to agree to a laundry list of maps that they want detail textured.
Lately, it's been school. :/

Still dtexing when I have free time though.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD