The 16 Player Limit?

Talk about anything here.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Re: The 16 Player Limit?

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

At the very minimum, make it so you can have 1 neutral host, and 16 actual players, so 17. Maybe make it so you can only have 17 players enter when neutral is selected. But how you'd regulate the 17th player if you have 17 in the game and then turn it off is beyond me. Could pose a problem as far as film compatibility and other things though.

Just my 2 cents, but I would like to see some more options surrounding the neutral host thing, like a special ability to chat during game, and maybe the ability for observers to chat amongst themselves, but not be seen by the players.

Edit: or, when neutral is activated, it renders that person as zero quantity or something, so the player limit stays at 16. Maybe it would make the game say 0/16 players from lobby perspective.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:At the very minimum, make it so you can have 1 neutral host, and 16 actual players, so 17.
The problem with going over 16 is it would require metaserver changes too, etc. honestly it's not really practical. As you note, causes issues with films and stuff as well.
BIG KROK V8 SS wrote: Just my 2 cents, but I would like to see some more options surrounding the neutral host thing, like a special ability to chat during game, and maybe the ability for observers to chat amongst themselves, but not be seen by the players.
Yeah this is on my todo list. Ideally I want to decouple the concept of who is observing from who is the host, so there could be an "observers" team that people can join. Those people could ideally chat amongst themselves but (by default) not with the players. Would make spectating tournaments/1v1s/whatever a lot more fun and viable :)
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

The only other aspect is, would the chat log between the observers log in the game film, and would it be viewable to both observers and players? Can't have 2 diff versions of a film, so I would assume either one or the other. I don't see the problem with including the chat in the film, just makes for whoever is reading it to have a harder time deciphering... which really isn't a factor at all.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Yes it would log just like the other team's chat. And yeah it would be slightly confusing, but as part of the update I'd see whether or not we could make the "observer team" get its own color, etc. to make it all a bit clearer.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Oh, is there ever going to be a permanent fix for the Green Berets thing? Like, is there a way to incorporate the 1.3 patch that Green Berets requires to be played into at least a separate option that can be enabled/disabled from the plugins menu, instead of the actual folders itself? Would make playing the game much more easily accessible. Kind of like how Urban Recon requires the WW2 tagset to be on in order to run, except the patch in this case.

So often I want to play it, but I'm just too lazy to replace the patches in windows explorer in order to do so :(.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

I don't know the details of the problem even, but I seem to recall hearing that at some point someone was working on updating GB to be compatible with the latest Myth versions without requiring replacing files, but I don't know the status of that.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

They got distracted or lazy and put it off some more.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

someone needs to be prodded.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Yeah no rush, but I think its still a very viable thing to be working towards. Just extra icing on the cake. Once I get some more time, and my new computer, I will start doing my own marketing for myth. I WILL gain interest in this game, no matter how small.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Pyro wrote:They got distracted or lazy and put it off some more.
I got busy! No jokes. School+work means less myth time. I haven't forgotten anything I set out to do though. If people feel like it, I could make sure I fixed all the bugs, and get someone to test the last 50% of the plugin.

Unless any new bugs show up, it's done.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Or just pretend you tested the last levels, release it, and wait for bug reports to filter in and patch those bugs later. The bugs in question existed in the original and people want to play that, so I doubt it'd be a problem to release the fixed & mostly tested newer version and call it a day.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

yes, release it! if anyone complains about a bug you can just say you are 'crowdsourcing' the last stage of the debugging process.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Jon God wrote:
Pyro wrote:They got distracted or lazy and put it off some more.
I got busy! No jokes. School+work means less myth time. I haven't forgotten anything I set out to do though. If people feel like it, I could make sure I fixed all the bugs, and get someone to test the last 50% of the plugin.

Unless any new bugs show up, it's done.
I'll play it.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Sorry for late responce, A tree fell through my room, and I suppose the fallout of dust/etc is probably what made my computer no longer start up.

When I get a new computer/way to work on myth, I will do what I can to release it, as at least a beta.

Sorry.. :/
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD