Random Plugin Generator

Talk about anything here.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Random Plugin Generator

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

So I have hundreds of plugins, most of which I'm rediscovering again, or just discovering for the first time. When selecting plugins during hosting or when offline mode, could there be a "random plugin generator" which eliminates all but 1 plugin, or automatically moves one random plugin over to the selection side? This could add a fun/fresh aspect to the world of plugins. I have so many its hard to decide which to choose, but a random generator would be kinda cool for picking out stuff at random, and getting other people to download more plugins also. What you guys think?
GodzFire

Re: Random Plugin Generator

Post by GodzFire »

Sounds like a good idea, start coding and let's see what u come up with.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Hilarious bro.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

I'd be more in favor of more hosting options, like, hold option when selecting plugins or something, to bring up a window that lets you switch things out.

Like, change unit line ups for levels, or turn off projectiles on map, that sort of thing.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I always thought of a unit health mode. Like a sliding bar that toggles unit health. 0-1000%, with 100% being default. Basically if its set at 0%, then any type of fragment will kill a unit, even a trow, and when on 1000%, units can take 10x as much damage. Would make for some cool gameplay. Or how about a feature where every unit is in blue so you don't know which team they are on, but the enemy blue units will still act as enemy units. (I believe something similar was done on a version of zeph's AVA, in an adaptive gameplay mode).
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:Or how about a feature where every unit is in blue so you don't know which team they are on, but the enemy blue units will still act as enemy units. (I believe something similar was done on a version of zeph's AVA, in an adaptive gameplay mode).
or the host could just turn the overhead map off.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

He means so that you don't know you have enemies nearby as they would appear to be allies with their blue selection boxes.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Lol keep trying vinylrake.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Pyro wrote:He means so that you don't know you have enemies nearby as they would appear to be allies with their blue selection boxes.
Really? He was asking for a 'make enemies look like allies' feature? I didn't get that at all. But then again I don't play Myth so how would I know.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I don't think it's quite that either VR, I think what he's suggesting is some sort of option to remove team indication entirely, so for the sake of the idea, lets say it makes every monster except your own have a purple selection box. Some of these monsters could be AIs set to do random sets of actions, perhaps even aggression towards player units, and then the players themselves who would all appear purple to one another as well. And he didn't suggest this, but I'm going to say 'and then you have to micro like a fool by control clicking to attack anything'. Seems like a neat idea, but I can see other features more worth the coding time.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Yeah I want to say every selection box is red, including your own. I truly forget the premise of the concept, but I just remember it was in an AVA plugin, not in the final version, and I thought it seemed cool. Further thinking about it, I don't know if it would translate over into quality/fun regular myth gameplay though, since there are many more than just one unit in the AVA style format I saw it in. I agree, not worth coding for this.