dac

Re: Why am I still getting banned?

Post by dac »

ozone wrote:Stop banning people.
<3 :D
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Yeah bans are usually ineffective. It's better to get in touch with the trolls ISP and complain about the harassment. Usually, the troll calms down when his parents get a letter in the mail saying 'stop using your internet connection to harass people or you'll be sanctioned'.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
dac

Post by dac »

The problem with that is you have to have a case for the complaint - a legal leg to stand on, and there really isn't one that would hold up anywhere. Kirk was a douche a couple years ago, and he's been well behaved since. Well.... thats aside from tournament antics, where everybody laughed about it and nobody cared except punkUser which made it hilarious :)

The real problem at hand is sensitive people with idealist complexes try to govern a gaming community without the benefit of considering real-world plausability and experience in dealing with people. PPE has mentioned his own god complex repeatedly but at least he's man enough to admit it. He's also not around to lift the ban on Kirk so kirk wont ever be unbanned. Instead he has somebody all too eager to take out his life's frustrations on a shrinking community so that he can take his revenge on those who have mocked him over the years while he himself was forum trolling.

Whats sad to me is that I see admins who are programmers who I would like to think are logical and able to string together cause and event relationships since thats what we do, yet these people lack basic logic and are so incredibly sensitive.... I think for the ones that have real jobs it means that they see their bosses as gods and infallible creatures whose word is gospel and expect to be treated the same even when their decisions are terrible. For the ones without real jobs, its just living in a fantasy world expecting every rule to be followed to the letter and for the words of somebody with website tools at their disposal to be gospel. I wonder what happens in the real world when two people who are your "bosses" disagree on something? SO ENDS LIFE AS WE KNOW IT!
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Despite what you may think, this isn't a democracy. No one has any rights here except those who pay for the hosting.

And for the final time, this isn't the place to discuss Mnet's policy. If you don't like it, take it up with them, or better yet, start your own server. Seriously... it's not hard. Hit me up on HL sometime if you need some starter instructions.

Anyways, we're into childishness again (who knew a Kirk thread would end that way?? :P), so I'm going to go ahead and close this.