mauriac's tale for myth 2

Talk about anything here.
iron
Site Admin

Re: mauriac's tale for myth 2

Post by iron »

Gleep wrote:Another question: Why do the firbolg look better on Tfl than m2 vtfl?
From memory, I used the firbolg from Chimera in vtfl. Lower res, but more animation frames. Of course, neither compare to this guy...

http://postimage.org/image/r27kycar7/
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

If anyone has a old g3 laying around I'd buy it off them for a decent price.
dac

Post by dac »

define "decent price" for me
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

$50-$100 with shipping included for an old computer that works sounds decent.
dac

Post by dac »

disagreed!
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Gleep wrote:If anyone has a old g3 laying around I'd buy it off them for a decent price.
craigslist has G3's like imacs for $20-$30 fairly regularly. they'd be plenty of CPU for mapmaking.

http://www.megamacs.com/index.php?actio ... ref=google has a 500Mhz G3 for $35 I am sure there plenty of other places you can get them cheap - G3s aren't in high demand anymore.
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

Thanks I'll find one somewhere. What is the latest OS that tfl mapmaking tools work on?
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Gleep wrote:Thanks I'll find one somewhere. What is the latest OS that tfl mapmaking tools work on?
Depends, you can run them in 10.4 under classic mode, which is Mac OS9. That can run the TFL tools, Vegas.

If you want to rip collections from TFL though, you can do that with just Oak. ;)
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Several of the mapmaking tools need Macsbug installed, does Classic under 10.4 support that? I know Sheepshaver does not play well with Macsbug (whenever its triggered Sheepshaver crashes), which curtails how much you can do with it.

If you're getting a cheap G3 why not just put OS9 on it and use it purely for mapmaking?
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

I found a g3 30 minutes away for $40. os9 plus a copier/printer/fax on craigslist. So hopefully all goes well and maybe I can port some tfl stuff to m2 now.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

iron wrote:Several of the mapmaking tools need Macsbug installed, does Classic under 10.4 support that? I know Sheepshaver does not play well with Macsbug (whenever its triggered Sheepshaver crashes), which curtails how much you can do with it.

If you're getting a cheap G3 why not just put OS9 on it and use it purely for mapmaking?
Well, OSX 10.4 and under can still run OS9 through it, as Classic mode.

Meaning, if you have 10.4 with OS9 installed too, you can run pretty much all the myth tools.available
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

classic isn't foolproof though. i think it was amber that would look like it didn't load. i would have to double-click it like 3 times before it would get to the point where it would actually run. the first two times it would start up classic then just disspear.

could have been my funky machine, but if one has the option of running natively under OS9 it's a much smoother deal than running under classic. to the point that on my dual boot G3 i used to use for mapmaking, i would just reboot with OS9 rather than futz around hoping classic would work.