Re: MORE UNIT SISTER BLADE AVAILABLE ??

Post by Jon God »

I just want to play Delm's Keep. Once.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Gleep wrote:All these higher res units need to be in Myth. I even was looking at Poser and renderosity.com and trying to find models that would fit into Myth. Now I just have to install all those 3d programs on my new hard drive. Of course a time dilation device would be beneficial also. Anyone know where I could get one of those?
Hi Gleep,

Recently, I downloaded a program called "BLENDER - 2.61 - Windows32 ". ((Setup installation is 27.1 mb));
But, I do not know how to use.
This may serve for you? if yes, I submit the link.
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

I haven Blender installed, but I have to get Poser(lots of cheap or free models out there) installed, and put Maya on my computer. Then find time away from work, play, and mapmaking to familiarize myself with 3d modeling again. I'll get to it some time.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Gleep,

Ok. Fixed.
:wink:
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Hello friends,

I do not know anything about 3D adjustment units, but allow me a basic question:
These units need not be adjusted in the Tool FEAR - Monsters / Monster SEQUENCES??
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

I'm not sure I understand the question fully, but I'll run down how a unit is made/adjusted.

3d model created in a 3d program like poser/blender/maya etc where it is textured, rigged for animation, animated, lit, and then rendered from usually 8 different views.

These rendered sprites are then imported into Oak or Amber and then set into a collection and each animation is given it's own sequence for attack, idle, flinch, moving, etc.

Then Fear is used to create the monster tag. It will need a couple of projectile tags for the dying animation and dead body. A collection reference tag to set the color and a unit tag to set the unit.

The monster tag is where you set the attack animations and the various other animations under the sequences tag.

So in Fear you can't do a lot to change a units look.

In Oak you can do a lot more to adjust things, but are limited by the sprites you have rendered.

If you have the 3d program used to create the unit you can adjust anything, but would have to re-render.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Gleep wrote:I'm not sure I understand the question fully, but I'll run down how a unit is made/adjusted.

3d model created in a 3d program like poser/blender/maya etc where it is textured, rigged for animation, animated, lit, and then rendered from usually 8 different views.

These rendered sprites are then imported into Oak or Amber and then set into a collection and each animation is given it's own sequence for attack, idle, flinch, moving, etc.

Then Fear is used to create the monster tag. It will need a couple of projectile tags for the dying animation and dead body. A collection reference tag to set the color and a unit tag to set the unit.

The monster tag is where you set the attack animations and the various other animations under the sequences tag.

So in Fear you can't do a lot to change a units look.

In Oak you can do a lot more to adjust things, but are limited by the sprites you have rendered.

If you have the 3d program used to create the unit you can adjust anything, but would have to re-render.
Hello fellows Mythers,

Now I understand the reply the Gleep. I did not get translated or understand words correctly, "Oak" and "sprites", but now everything is clear.

* About Oak, Melekor send me up oak the other day.

* About Sprites, In informatics, "sprite" is an image or icon that can be moved easily on the screen.

talking about the "Oak":

During this week, I studied the operation of the tool, and I already familiar with it.
for example, by Oak, checking the unit "AoM.Avalon.Pt" the only sequence that is apparently one correct is "base-avalon", the other items are lacking all the images (sprites). and adjust all of these images (which are 384 bitmaps) is very hard, mainly identifies them inside each sequence.