CWR- Civil War...

Talk about anything here.
Point

CWR- Civil War...

Post by Point »

http://www.myspace.com/video/pointsg/my ... /103602647

if you have been wondering what all the cwr civil war action online has been about lately on marius here's a little taste..

http://tain.totalcodex.net/authors/show/548

http://www.myspace.com/177867395

maps pack B is also in testing .. it can be found here --->
http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... agsetbeta/
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Point

Re: CWR- Civil War... post your win screen shots

Post by Point »

rock and bigs snipers had over 100 kills each... as did industries general. though all of them were helped by ditwidgets great artillery job that left most of the approaching foe red and easy pickens for snipers. we also got lucky with lots of random reinforcement spawns including a cavalry charge.

simple and timid have been beaten on map pack A ...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Re: CWR- Civil War...

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Tremendous plugin, just not very user-friendly-- Just can't get into it despite the ridiculously detailed maps and wide unit variants. Pathfinding is annoying, too many inventory options, and cannons are completely useless. Also don't like how if you have 3 or more units selected, and you click on an enemy group, it selects a bunch of them and not just a single one.

Basing these observations and opinions on the gameplay of earlier civil war plugins like autumn village, 1861, or even blue and grey/north vs south. Not trying to hate on this plugin, it just doesn't feel very myth-like.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

How did you guys end up with 400 more kills on timid than simple?
Point

Post by Point »

the S2 games are the place to be... also here's a quick guide to hosting cwr
simple = b&G timid = b&g + morale units normal =cwr heroic = war legendary = rts style units.

just takes understanding... when playing most have the aha moment when it all finally gels... like path finding realizing you can move the casons and pick up the supplies and walla movement is no longer obstructed, though only one map does it even make any challenges since most of the rest are in open terrain :) always looking for ways to improve for sure... canons once vetted kick but... officers by them or just have an experienced crew :) inventory doesnt have to be used without it the canons is the standard b&g canon... though in coop especially all the options come in very handy to some one that has taken time to use them... that said all things have a little dwarf randomness in them... and with out the things that frustrate players it truly wouldnt be myth like... (in best dwarf voice) sorry bout that... :) the cwr myth II coop conversion walks one through learning the various units and the read me is in the game hints that pretty much says it all... and if a player longs for B&G style play on timid on the s2 games and enjoy some great maps...

as any work in progress of mine I always like feedback + or - and I have been asking for help and ways to improve for years... we have come along way though with help could of come a lot farther :) enjoy the game and the maps and campaigns yet to come.

400 more kills more than likely due to blowing up enemy with dynamite and other chain reactions plus random script spawns of enemy groups. also we had LN lag out so his kills might not of counted not sure how that works when player leaves mid way through.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Point wrote:the S2 games are the place to be... also here's a quick guide to hosting cwr
simple = b&G timid = b&g + morale units normal =cwr heroic = war legendary = rts style units.

just takes understanding... when playing most have the aha moment when it all finally gels... like path finding realizing you can move the casons and pick up the supplies and walla movement is no longer obstructed, though only one map does it even make any challenges since most of the rest are in open terrain :) always looking for ways to improve for sure... canons once vetted kick but... officers by them or just have an experienced crew :) inventory doesnt have to be used without it the canons is the standard b&g canon... though in coop especially all the options come in very handy to some one that has taken time to use them... that said all things have a little dwarf randomness in them... and with out the things that frustrate players it truly wouldnt be myth like... (in best dwarf voice) sorry bout that... :) the cwr myth II coop conversion walks one through learning the various units and the read me is in the game hints that pretty much says it all... and if a player longs for B&G style play on timid on the s2 games and enjoy some great maps...

as any work in progress of mine I always like feedback + or - and I have been asking for help and ways to improve for years... we have come along way though with help could of come a lot farther :) enjoy the game and the maps and campaigns yet to come.

400 more kills more than likely due to blowing up enemy with dynamite and other chain reactions plus random script spawns of enemy groups. also we had LN lag out so his kills might not of counted not sure how that works when player leaves mid way through.
Wait so you are ranking timid as more intricate than timid? I'm a bit lost on that...

Do the difficulties apply to the solo missions? Looks like all the units are the same no matter the difficulty.

What is the system you use for vetting? You say cannons get better with accuracy, but those damn parrot cannons literally can't hit the side of a barn. Do they vet as well?
Point

Post by Point »

canons do vet and vet to deadly accurate... the coops are a campaign so if ya vet them say in earlier maps they are rather accurate in my experiences... the randomness and elevation canon is placed can make that seem different since they dont great at planning for shooting through terrain. they can also vet through myths morale feature by placing an officer of flag bearer close to them... which is pretty much a must before they vet.

should be timid simple normal heroic legendary.. same as myth...

most maps have different units at different difficulty almost always the complex units that can build and transport things (rts) style are on legendary only. heroic will have a greater mix of units to control with specialties and timid will be more basic b&g style units. morale units are officers and flag bearers I see them as a great addition in 1.7 its a feature that is minor though can take strategy in a civil war or myth battle to another level. (soldiers should reload faster and be vetted with officer near them)

I made the tagset full of potential and possibilities map makers and hosts can explore those or not and just keep it simple or i should say timid to keep it more straight forward.

enjoy and do post any thoughts for improvement a new update is in the works
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

How exactly do the morale things work? I've seen like the "rally the troops" special, and then using the special on flag bearers, to planting a flag. Just not sure how it improves units' abilities.
Point

Post by Point »

in myth 1. something the morale code was added as to how it works etc... Magma peeps could better answer this one... (from Fear docs)
""Affects Morale (NEW) - If checked, the unit can affect the morale of other units that have the "Morale can be boosted" flag checked. This flag needs to be checked for Affect Radius, Allied Kill Bonus, and Enemy Kill Bonus to have any effect."
Affects Morale (NEW) - If checked, the unit can affect the morale of other units that have the "Morale can be boosted" flag checked. This flag needs to be checked for Affect Radius, Allied Kill Bonus, and Enemy Kill Bonus to have any effect.
Affect Radius (NEW) - This is the radius in world units of the area affecting morale where the unit affecting morale is the center.
Allied Kill Bonus (NEW) - This value is what will be added (or subtracted if negative) to the allied units' experience (kill/vet) count if they are within the affected area.
Enemy Kill Bonus (NEW) - This value is what will be added (or subtracted if negative) to the enemy units' experience (kill/vet) count if they are within the affected area. ""

""Initial Velocity - These two fields show the range between which a projectile's initial velocity will be. It will be a random value between the two specified, so make sure the first is less than the second. If you want the value to be constant, enter the same number in both fields. Melee attacks use 0.00 to 0.00, while a dwarf ranges from .150 to .170.
Initial Velocity Error - This is the amount of error that will be introduced to perfect initial velocity, causing the shot to miss. Melee units have an error of 0.00, while Missile units will often have a small error to keep them from hitting every time.
Velocity Experience Delta - This is the amount that is removed from the Initial Velocity Error every time a unit scores a kill, resulting in more and more accuracy as the unit becomes more experienced.
Recovery Time - This is the amount of time between a unit's attacks, in seconds. Keep in mind that a unit's attack time is also affected by the speed of its attack sequence animation. A unit cannot attack faster than that its animation can run. Also be aware that the Recovery Time is added again for every repetition in the attack. So if you have 10 repetitions and a recovery time of 0.1, the unit will actually pause a full second before firing again.
Recovery Time Experience Delta - This is the amount that is removed from the Recovery Time every time a unit scores a kill, resulting in faster and faster attacks as a unit grows more experienced. ""

though here is how its set up to work in cwr- at start of game you will see a group of stars or flags circling the unit that give morale this indicates the range of the boost effect that unit gives... soldiers within that range will be boosted as long as they are close and the morale unit is alive. (so kill the officers first just like in civil war) planting a flag will also show the stars for a brief moment illustrating the range of the boost for those that fight near the flag.

rally is a group heal. the read me is in the in game hints (click the book) when playing.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

About Morale... It is a way to give a sort of virtual vetting to nearby units. Depending on the settings a mapmaker gave a specific morale inducing unit, it can for example boost units within a 5 world unit radius to act as if they had 20 more kills. The mapmaker can alter how wide this circle is and how much of a boost it gives. It can also be set to do the opposite to enemies so that it sort of scares the enemies to act as if they had less kills.
Olong2

Post by Olong2 »

This plug-in is much harder than "Pong". But it's fun.
Point

Post by Point »

Pyro wrote:About Morale... It is a way to give a sort of virtual vetting to nearby units. Depending on the settings a mapmaker gave a specific morale inducing unit, it can for example boost units within a 5 world unit radius to act as if they had 20 more kills. The mapmaker can alter how wide this circle is and how much of a boost it gives. It can also be set to do the opposite to enemies so that it sort of scares the enemies to act as if they had less kills.

ya what he said...
Point

Post by Point »

Get your WOMP on ... Civil Wars Womping them Rebels...
luckylegs10

Post by luckylegs10 »

Point, hope you do revolution next.
luckylegs10

Post by luckylegs10 »

I had to make an youtube video of my 2nd game with Civil War reloaded.
For those of you who still have doubts about downloading this game you will no longer be fearful to think its too much to handle.

Video 1080P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3imtQId0dY