McDonalds / Suburban map

Talk about anything here.
rifthead

McDonalds / Suburban map

Post by rifthead »

I remember one of the Special Forces Trailers showing a map that seemed like it was set in the suburbs:
(You can see it at the end of the video here:
http://www.projectmagma.net/projects/sp ... Large.html

Was that map ever released? What about the other maps the preview mentions?
Jon God

Re: McDonalds / Suburban map

Post by Jon God »

It was released, albeit unfinished, and was pulled later, Oz'd be the one to talk to about it.

I'm Jon God, and I approve this message.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
rifthead

Post by rifthead »

JG!!!! How's deadfall stuff going? Need any help with it (especially writing and or string list work?)

Also, that map looks like it'd be a good fit for Deadfall. That's one of the big reasons I asked. Ozone, if you're around, any way I could download it to check it out?
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

rifthead wrote:JG!!!! How's deadfall stuff going? Need any help with it (especially writing and or string list work?)

Also, that map looks like it'd be a good fit for Deadfall. That's one of the big reasons I asked. Ozone, if you're around, any way I could download it to check it out?
Heyyy! It's going alright, fighting with some pathfinding on scripting one level, so I've taken a break, and switched to some of my other projects so I have some time to think about it

As for the map looking right for DF, yes, I did a test, and it looked like lots of fun, but Oz didn't want me to use it as a Deadfall map, so I dropped it there.

I'm Jon God, and I approve this message.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
ozone

Post by ozone »

I consider the map to be unreleased... Once I release it...have at it.
do it.
Olong2

Post by Olong2 »

Strange. I have this map. Actually, I have it twice over, in two different plug-ins. Played it, found it beautifully executed. Not sure how it wound-up in the collection. In fact, I can't even remember its name, but I don't recall it being attached to SF.

In one version, I remember a nicely executed Airstream-style trailer near a riverbank, and a really nice urban neighborhood.
ozone

Post by ozone »

Believe it or not I am still working on this map and do plan on releasing it at some point.
do it.