Creep on the borderland tactics discussion

Talk about anything here.
luckylegs10

Re: Creep on the borderland tactics discussion

Post by luckylegs10 »

Adrenaline, I don't camp on creep did you see me obliterate Asmodian with just my archers?

You beat vbob? I seem to remember that you wasted all your cash on those stupid ghols.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

so now petty rank-mentality arguments over meaningless random pickup games have come to the tain?

great. just great.

could they maybe get a seperate forum section at least?
luckylegs10

Post by luckylegs10 »

Vin, Adrenlaline was suppose to demostrate his superior gholing tactics and all that he showed me so far was a pack of wolves who coun't contest at the final moments.
Doesn't everyone know you need thrall to win creep?

With Adren's set-up against vBob I would have crushed him with only my archers.
luckylegs10

Post by luckylegs10 »

Asmodian challenged me to 1 on 1 and he didn't want to be a partner playing someone else instead. I felt bad destroying him in the first 1 minute. It was an ugly ending for him and something freaky happened. He tried to flank me like Karma and I toasted him. I'm surprised people think those new school tactics will win games?

Very ugly ending. I'm surprised he dropped on a game that didnt even count.

PUS N WIGHT Strat

Video of our game in 1080P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9gJLTVFgbI

Flanking is the worst thing that you can do on creep. The video shows asmo controlling his units until the final moments- so lagging out is rulled out.
Last edited by luckylegs10 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

adrenaline wrote: all he did was camp until the last minute and then thrall rush...
Yeah I've noticed the same thing from watching pretty much all his films. His entire point appears to be that thrall are the best meat-to-cost ratio and therefore in 5 minutes LMOTH games on big 2t maps with too few players clicking them on the flag at the end is effective. Wow, not really news to anyone I don't think.

What has really been shown here IMO is that that's a pretty stupid game setup. Maybe play with more players (or FFA maps for 1v1), longer time limits or something other than LMOTH? I personally find KOTH to be a far more interesting mode for small teams since it forces you to, you know, do something.
luckylegs10

Post by luckylegs10 »

punkUser wrote:
adrenaline wrote: all he did was camp until the last minute and then thrall rush...
Yeah I've noticed the same thing from watching pretty much all his films. His entire point appears to be that thrall are the best meat-to-cost ratio and therefore in 5 minutes LMOTH games on big 2t maps with too few players clicking them on the flag at the end is effective. Wow, not really news to anyone I don't think.

What has really been shown here IMO is that that's a pretty stupid game setup. Maybe play with more players (or FFA maps for 1v1), longer time limits or something other than LMOTH? I personally find KOTH to be a far more interesting mode for small teams since it forces you to, you know, do something.

I love KOH but the guys all leave my host when I have it turned on. Vbob strategy is good, but not aggressive enuf for me. I like to see funny things happen on creep.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

luckylegs10 wrote:I love KOH but the guys all leave my host when I have it turned on. Vbob strategy is good, but not aggressive enuf for me. I like to see funny things happen on creep.
Maybe FR or terries or something then? Almost any of the other modes (except maybe hunting) is more interesting than LMOTH TBH :)
luckylegs10

Post by luckylegs10 »

punkUser wrote:
luckylegs10 wrote:I love KOH but the guys all leave my host when I have it turned on. Vbob strategy is good, but not aggressive enuf for me. I like to see funny things happen on creep.
Maybe FR or terries or something then? Almost any of the other modes (except maybe hunting) is more interesting than LMOTH TBH :)
Lmoth the hill is pretty much the standard for skill level on creep.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

luckylegs10 wrote: Lmoth the hill is pretty much the standard for skill level on creep.
I dunno, LMOTH isn't a particularly common mode in myth world cup and for good reason :) Maybe you should move on from creep if it's not good on other modes.
luckylegs10

Post by luckylegs10 »

punkUser wrote:
luckylegs10 wrote: Lmoth the hill is pretty much the standard for skill level on creep.
I dunno, LMOTH isn't a particularly common mode in myth world cup and for good reason :) Maybe you should move on from creep if it's not good on other modes.

Asmodian is host of the world cup and he dropped me after I blew up all his units in a funny explosion. These people have no character.
luckylegs10

Post by luckylegs10 »

adrenaline wrote:puss does NOT only work on clumped up units... it can easily be used effectively on single units, too... you have a lot to learn.

The cowardly Asmodian video above,, 'puss N wight' works on clumped up units, especially on a flanker move. Biggest 25+ warrior explosion that I've ever seen in my life on creep.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

luckylegs10 wrote: Asmodian is host of the world cup and he dropped me after I blew up all his units in a funny explosion. These people have no character.
No he isn't.

Anyways this discussion has more than run its course. Locking.