Map Making help

Talk about anything here.
SamualACarver

Map Making help

Post by SamualACarver »

I was wondering if there are any Map Makers out there who would like any help on their projects. I have made a few maps and have started a lot but usually I have ideas that end up just being too big for me to finish. I have some new units, maps, attacks, concepts ect that may never see the light of day if left to me to finish. So I thought maybe some of you would like some help with some maps you are working on and maybe you would like to use some of my creations. I would like to be a part of and at least have some of the stuff I have created end up on a nice finished map. I am pretty good at about all aspect of Map Making, color maps, scripting ect. Plus if there is anything I cant figure out on my own there are plenty of people here that will help out. Pyro has helped me a lot lately.

Anyway if anyone would like some help with the workload involved in any maps you are working on let me know.

StB
Jon God

Re: Map Making help

Post by Jon God »

Heh, not sure you'd want to get involved with a bit project, but I could use help on the stuff I find tedious with Deadfall.

Mostly a lot of copying scripts to other levels, and fixing bugs that are scripting related. Though there are also is some gametype scripting involved, so it's not all boring.

Also if you have any good ideas I'd be totally open to listen.

'Totally understand if this doesn't sound like anything you'd want to do.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
£N

Post by £N »

I had an idea for something that would play like a Zeph / toecutter hybrid! What kinds of stuff have you completed? I'm sure there are a ton of people in your same shoes who would love to collaborate.
SamualACarver

Post by SamualACarver »

Jon God wrote:Heh, not sure you'd want to get involved with a bit project, but I could use help on the stuff I find tedious with Deadfall.

Mostly a lot of copying scripts to other levels, and fixing bugs that are scripting related. Though there are also is some gametype scripting involved, so it's not all boring.

Yea Jon I would be glad to help. I was checking out DeadFall 1 today that is awesome. Everything looked really cool.

Most of the ideas, Units, Attacks ect I had were for Regular Myth. But one of the ideas I had would work good with the DeadFall series. It is more a like a game style than anything else for solo or coop maps . I dont know if someone has already done something like this or not. Since I havent played very many 3rd party solo/coop maps. If you want to do anything with more regular type Myth stuff I would be happy to let you use some of my creations. Here is a link to some pics of units and attacks I have been working on. Not all are finished and most probably would need some tweeking. http://thebutchersmaps.weebly.com/index.html The are under the heading "Units for Epic Struggle"
I have like a test map with these units on it that I just use to work on the attacks. I could send it to you or something. I think the best thing though would be for us to use some sort of voice chat like skype or vent so I could explain things on the map to you while you tried it. Otherwise it would probably be confusing what to do.

Aen pretty much everything I said to Jon I would say to you also. Check out the link and if you want we could get together on skype or vent or whatever and go over our ideas together. I can send you that map show you the stuff I have made and vice versa. Like you said maybe we could get a few people in the same shoes and make something together.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

SamualACarver wrote:I was wondering if there are any Map Makers out there who would like any help on their projects. I have made a few maps and have started a lot but usually I have ideas that end up just being too big for me to finish. I have some new units, maps, attacks, concepts ect that may never see the light of day if left to me to finish. So I thought maybe some of you would like some help with some maps you are working on and maybe you would like to use some of my creations. I would like to be a part of and at least have some of the stuff I have created end up on a nice finished map. I am pretty good at about all aspect of Map Making, color maps, scripting ect. Plus if there is anything I cant figure out on my own there are plenty of people here that will help out. Pyro has helped me a lot lately.

Anyway if anyone would like some help with the workload involved in any maps you are working on let me know.

StB
SamualACarver,

Hi Sam,

I appreciate make single-player plugin, and my biggest problem is to create a good storyline,(plot).
But, a Map Making, color maps, scripting ect, for me no problem.
what do you guess? What the Mythers more appreciating in a game?
*playability?
*pace?
*less bugs? eh eh .
*wave and more wave of enemies attacking ?
*reach one or up to three objectives (for endgame) or multiple?
for example, reading of the text (a good Picture in Pregame), sound narration or music can influence the taste of play often?

Julio
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

SamualACarver wrote:
Jon God wrote:Heh, not sure you'd want to get involved with a bit project, but I could use help on the stuff I find tedious with Deadfall.

Yea Jon I would be glad to help. I was checking out DeadFall 1 today that is awesome. Everything looked really cool.

Most of the ideas, Units, Attacks ect I had were for Regular Myth. But one of the ideas I had would work good with the DeadFall series. It is more a like a game style than anything else for solo or coop maps . I dont know if someone has already done something like this or not. Since I havent played very many 3rd party solo/coop maps. If you want to do anything with more regular type Myth stuff I would be happy to let you use some of my creations. Here is a link to some pics of units and attacks I have been working on. Not all are finished and most probably would need some tweeking. http://thebutchersmaps.weebly.com/index.html The are under the heading "Units for Epic Struggle"
I have like a test map with these units on it that I just use to work on the attacks. I could send it to you or something. I think the best thing though would be for us to use some sort of voice chat like skype or vent so I could explain things on the map to you while you tried it. Otherwise it would probably be confusing what to do.

Aen pretty much everything I said to Jon I would say to you also. Check out the link and if you want we could get together on skype or vent or whatever and go over our ideas together. I can send you that map show you the stuff I have made and vice versa. Like you said maybe we could get a few people in the same shoes and make something together.
Just hop on udogs sometime, and I'd love to chat with you about it. :D
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
SamualACarver

Post by SamualACarver »

Hey Jon I went to Udogs for the first time today. How do you chat on there?

Hi Juliocpaes

I actually have what I think would make a great story line or plot for a huge epic map. I guess it could be scaled down. I had written some outlines and started making new units attacked ect. It was just too much to do on my own. So if you are looking for a good storyline I would be glad to talk to you about the idea I had. If you were interesting and we could use my idea at least for a starting point I would be glad to help you. I would love to see it come to life. Since you are looking for a good storyline and I have one and I need help with everything else it sounds like that could work out good.

To everyone I would be glad to help out with your projects. I have some time right now that I could spend 4 or more hours a day working on maps. I could spend 12 hours or more at least one day a weekend. I would really like to be a part of a finished product. I have like 4-5 that I have started and havent finished. They are things that are a different from any Plugins that I have seen. I will admit I havent seen them all, but maybe some of you can use some of what I have and I can see at least parts of them going into a finished map. I can be around anytime tomorrow (Sat the 8th I'm in Eastern time in the U.S, Marius Server time) so if anyone wants to meet up send me a message and let me know what time would work for you. Like I said I think some sort of voice chat would be best. I'm not the greatest at typing and the projects I have need explanation for what to do (since they arent finished) and talking would be the easiest way.

StB
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

SamualACarver wrote:I went to Udogs for the first time today. How do you chat on there?
You install a hotline client which you could find here. Then connect to the uDogs Hotline server (hl.udogs.net) with login and password being blank unless you already have an account.

That place is usually used by mapmakers to upload myth related stuff including betas of their projects before uploading it to the Tain as a final version.
SamualACarver

Post by SamualACarver »

OK Thanks Pyro