Myth Kickstarter Project

Talk about anything here.
Road

Re: Myth Kickstarter Project

Post by Road »

Whao..lol, great PR there OOgaz.

Ok, what if RTG did succeed? Would it effect what Myth2 is now?
What if what we are doing is actually drawing in more players?
Wouldnt we all want the players to decide what they want to play?

If nothing else we are drawing allot of attention to the game itself... basically everyone wins.

RTG doesnt want to change Myth2 it wants to make a new Myth3... only hopefully what we expected M3 to actually be rather than what it was!

Is there really any reason for PM and the community of Myth to become so upset by this?

Are we afriad players will be drawn to the RTG project and drop M2 altogther?!?

What really is the issue here?
DarthRevan555

Post by DarthRevan555 »

Ooga's catchphrase; "You don't have the facts"

Road, I think its plain and simple, You guys are not the ones we want to make it.
I'll say it.

Your mates have ruined their reps around here and going on this everlasting crusade for a Myth 4 (6+ years.. really?) Passionate? I don't think so. Obsessed? Probably.

Also by promoting the KS a lot requesting that much money would definitely alert T2 thus prompting the following;

Also I'm sure that if any real development team approached Take2 They would not settle for anything less than a million. The moment T2 realizes "oh shit people still care about this and are attempting to buy it! that means it has value!" They'll raise their price in the millions probably or if they don't they'll keep the rights and just grant a limited license.
Insert text here.
Divine entity of map making.
Undefeated god of 1v1 map making contests that have yet to happen.
Insert massive ego here

Someone tell this guy to stop having so many signatures
Point

Post by Point »

darth actually I think the value that was originally i believe 250k was the value when bungie split off to become microsofted this was just set at a much lower bar by the amount raised on kickstarter... i think around 1500 bucks... so it might go rather cheaply these days... and who knows after Bungie gets done with Marathon IV they might acquire it back for Myth IV though really don't hold your breath... a mythstarter kickstarter was a good idea, though good ideas need more than just an idea, and a whole lot more than a dream.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

oogaBooga wrote:The amount of childishness and hypocrisy evident from everyone here is astounding. Vinylrake, although he doesn't have all the facts, has been the only slightly constructive critic here. You all definitely deserve not to have a new Myth game, and i'm glad to know you all lack the ambition and cohesion to do it - because you'd run it like an orwellian dystopia. Have fun, kids.
I not only don't have ALL the facts I don't really have ANY - and that's not due to my lack of trying, it's due to you and your team's refusal to provide answers to the questions people asked again and again. I don't know (again with the lack of facts) if it's because you don't feel that providing information to potential donors to make them feel investing $450,000 in your project is a worthwhile endeavor is because you feel you are all so gifted that everyone should just worship the ground you walk on, or whether you don't understand the basic equation of KS (or any fundraising) projects - you provide information and people donate money - but whatever the reason, speaking as someone who would LOVE a new Myth game, I found the lack of information from your team frustrating as hell, and your attitude once it was clear people weren't going to just buy your cool aid and worship you as uber elite mapmakers and fund your project both insulting and condescending. You've done it here as well - I'll share some advice you probably won't listen to, but if you want people to donate money to you, you have to give them more than "OMG I AM SO GREAT, LOOK AT WUT I HAZ DUN. NOW GIVE ME YOUR MONEY SO I CAN MAK MORE MYFF GAME 4 U!" You HAVE to learn how to do customer service - No one OWES you anything, learn some humilty and stop acting like the world owes you half a million dollars just because you can make cool units and particle effects for a 14 year old computer game. Yeah it's a cool skillset to have, and if your bitmapped sprites weren't so enormous that my brand new computer couldn't even display the units without going into freeze-frame mode I might actually use them and appreciate them too, but so what? Lots of people have a passion for modding computer games, they don't all deserve $450K. IF you want people to invest in your dream give them a reason to trust you can make that dream happen, and don't insult them when they don't worship you as a god.

Since that all seems unlikely to happen, at least find someone else to do your 'customer service'/PR for your next Myth4 project. Seriously, you aren't helping your cause or any future causes by bitterly blaming everyone else for not being willing to finance your pie-in-the-sky dreams and saying we don't "deserve" what you wanted to create. You are burning your bridges in back of you, in front of you, and all around you.
Road

Post by Road »

heh, none of those comments answered my questions.
Road

Post by Road »

DarthRevan555 wrote:Ooga's catchphrase; "You don't have the facts"

Road, I think its plain and simple, You guys are not the ones we want to make it.
I'll say it.

Of course not.
DarthRevan555 wrote: Your mates have ruined their reps around here and going on this everlasting crusade for a Myth 4 (6+ years.. really?) Passionate? I don't think so. Obsessed? Probably.
Apples and oranges
DarthRevan555 wrote: Also by promoting the KS a lot requesting that much money would definitely alert T2 thus prompting the following;

Also I'm sure that if any real development team approached Take2 They would not settle for anything less than a million. The moment T2 realizes "oh shit people still care about this and are attempting to buy it! that means it has value!" They'll raise their price in the millions probably or if they don't they'll keep the rights and just grant a limited license.
Perhapes they will be encouraged to make it themselves or better yet hire ProjectMagma.
vinylrake wrote:
oogaBooga wrote:The amount of childishness and hypocrisy evident from everyone here is astounding. Vinylrake, although he doesn't have all the facts, has been the only slightly constructive critic here. You all definitely deserve not to have a new Myth game, and i'm glad to know you all lack the ambition and cohesion to do it - because you'd run it like an orwellian dystopia. Have fun, kids.
I not only don't have ALL the facts I don't really have ANY - and that's not due to my lack of trying, it's due to you and your team's refusal to provide answers to the questions people asked again and again. I don't know (again with the lack of facts) if it's because you don't feel that providing information to potential donors to make them feel investing $450,000 in your project is a worthwhile endeavor is because you feel you are all so gifted that everyone should just worship the ground you walk on, or whether you don't understand the basic equation of KS (or any fundraising) projects - you provide information and people donate money - but whatever the reason, speaking as someone who would LOVE a new Myth game, I found the lack of information from your team frustrating as hell, and your attitude once it was clear people weren't going to just buy your cool aid and worship you as uber elite mapmakers and fund your project both insulting and condescending. You've done it here as well - I'll share some advice you probably won't listen to, but if you want people to donate money to you, you have to give them more than "OMG I AM SO GREAT, LOOK AT WUT I HAZ DUN. NOW GIVE ME YOUR MONEY SO I CAN MAK MORE MYFF GAME 4 U!" You HAVE to learn how to do customer service - No one OWES you anything, learn some humilty and stop acting like the world owes you half a million dollars just because you can make cool units and particle effects for a 14 year old computer game. Yeah it's a cool skillset to have, and if your bitmapped sprites weren't so enormous that my brand new computer couldn't even display the units without going into freeze-frame mode I might actually use them and appreciate them too, but so what? Lots of people have a passion for modding computer games, they don't all deserve $450K. IF you want people to invest in your dream give them a reason to trust you can make that dream happen, and don't insult them when they don't worship you as a god.

Since that all seems unlikely to happen, at least find someone else to do your 'customer service'/PR for your next Myth4 project. Seriously, you aren't helping your cause or any future causes by bitterly blaming everyone else for not being willing to finance your pie-in-the-sky dreams and saying we don't "deserve" what you wanted to create. You are burning your bridges in back of you, in front of you, and all around you.
There ya go! Now thats great advice!
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

DarthRevan555 wrote:Ooga's catchphrase; "You don't have the facts"
Your mates have ruined their reps around here and going on this everlasting crusade for a Myth 4 (6+ years.. really?) Passionate? I don't think so. Obsessed? Probably.

The magma community is not the Myth community. And magma is certainly no paragon of legality or morality. Those who continually pick apart the most colorful and (purposely) un-PC pieces of my posts in order to demonize me just further prove my point. Cherry picking my sentences to put in the quote box. Missing the entire POINT of the post, IE the message behind it.

The message is simple: You are arrogant and wont admit it. I am done with arrogant children. When I say "you people" obviously i'm talking to the misinformed, uninformed and blatantly negative people in this thread. Obviously, if you had any sense at all, youd come to the conclusion I wouldnt include people who havent directly been assholes to me like you are.

Your motives to demonize me are incredibly transparent, and given the illegal nature of the entire Magma operation, incredibly hypocritical.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

oogaBooga wrote:The message is simple: You are arrogant and wont admit it.

At the risk of "cherry-picking" ooga's comments, I nominate this sentence for funniest post of the entire thread.
Vindicator

Post by Vindicator »

BTW Iron.

Nice acting like an ass and saying ooga stole the watcher unit from you.

Or have you forgotten that he made the watcher WITH YOU?
Ooga can use it in his projects.

Selective memory maybe?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Vindicator wrote:...Or have you forgotten that he made the watcher WITH YOU?
Ooga can use it in his projects.
BTW Renwood,

Nice claiming you and ooga created your "HD" units when in reality you based them on Magma's unit models which you obtained under the pretence that you wanted to help Magma create a set of hi-res units for a new MythII release, models which you PROMISED not to use outside of that project.

Or have you forgotten?
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Thanks oogaBooga. You're replies with such harsh negativity will make great examples in the future should you decide to try and do another type of KS en devour. And don't worry, I already have them saved. Have a nice day :-)
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

oogabooga,

" ... childishness and hypocrisy...Have fun, kids"

is thine buttock ! :x :x

Not is arrogance, it is you and your group who does not understand the people here. "The myth "is not to make money for your pocketbook, the Myth is free. If you have a proposal for a Myth 4 with good maps, scenarios, units. etc.
You must release free for all "Myth players", and If there are any expenses for artists, musicians and more, you should be more clear and make a list of the expenses ... then the people understand, and can make a donation with more confidence. unlike, Ren Wood is the first that need to portray themselves with all Mythers, how to have trust in this man? who was spotted with another nickname in the forum, after being formally banned.
in another post, the vindicator (R.W) was said to us we open our minds.
Is otherwise : is you need to open your heart and stop being greedy.
You want a extra money ?? You Go work as longshoremen on the docks, loading sack of potatoes.
but not with the Myth.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

For the record ooga, before this situation I didn't know you at all and certainly had no "grudges" or other opinions about you. Take credit where it's due: any opinion I've formed of you has been purely from your own actions in the past few weeks.
oogaBooga wrote: Take 2 owns every scrap of code you put into the Myth engine.
I just wanted to point out that your previous position that there is/was no legal agreement between magma and Take 2 is incompatible with this new position... you have to choose one story man. Of course if there is a legal agreement this would almost certainly be one of the terms, but since according to you it's all stolen, I guess not.
oogaBooga wrote: I was done with the kind of forum games you thrive on back when creation was still relevant.
I agree with you that there is very little to be served by continuing this discussion. I'll give it a day for people to make (semi-civilized) last remarks and then this topic is getting locked.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Haha, it has been a really enjoyable thread. I'm going to miss the cherrypicking, myself.

"The amount of childishness and hypocrisy evident from everyone here is astounding... You all definitely deserve not to have a new Myth game", might be my favourite bit.

"If I thought this community was anything but a brick wall i'd stay and tell you why you're all wrong"

And this one's a close second. Off to the OogaMobile for a quick exit while you dump more blame on everyone else for why your grand vision hasn't gone anywhere - meanwhile, independent game development is bigger and more prosperous than ever, and teams that are even smaller than yours are getting more done.

The whole thing of telling people that we're just 'cherrypicking' as if these daft statements are just rare occurrences - come on, chap. You've been at it for long enough that we know this isn't the case.

In before the lock, hopefully, I'd just like to ask one more question : can't you cheer the hell up? I think a bit of levity would help your team more than any donations ever will.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

Everyone in the Magma community: you are all blathering ignoramuses. You all hold childish grudges, and facts don't enter into your arguments.

Facts do not enter into your arguments.

Meanwhile, logical and entirely factual posts from the executive producer and project manager of R34L T1m3 Games:
Vindicator wrote:In the end, our main goal is to bring myth back to bungie and work FOR them and WITH them making it.
- Implying Bungie is involved in any way.
Vindicator wrote:Everything we show in the kickstarter video is content this team has created.
- Implying everything in the video was made by R34L T1m3 Games, when there are clearly Bungie assets used.
Vindicator wrote:Make billions off a console title by leaving PC and Mac bungie fans in the DUST. Then when we have more money then GOD, only THEN will we CANCEL bungie.net so people can not even play myth online anymore. Thus giving a big middle finger to all no Halo bungie fans.
- Implying Bungie is an evil company who provided Myth fans with no way of hosting their own servers after they didn't even have the rights to the game anymore.
Vindicator wrote:Since we allready use all the same tools on mountain bikes and BMX bikes. People would have faith that we could transition well into the new endeavour based on our past productions.
- Implying the Myth code will be modified using Fear and Loathing.
Vindicator wrote:Bungie circa 1990-2000 = fly by night operation.
- Implying R34L T1m3 Games has the same game development skills Bungie did from 1990-2000.
Complete honesty now, I'm half expecting Ren to jump out and say something like this with the amount of stupid shit you and your team has been saying in this thread. And by 'team' I mean Ooga and Ren. Maybe you guys should look at Road and adopt his more humble ego in regards to your project. Stop looking at yourselves like you're the saviours of the Myth community and we're all dragging you down with our negativity.

We're not the ones that withheld $448,400 from you.

I'd love a direct response to any of the entirely factual issues I've raised over the past 13 pages (especially the quote about working with Bungie), but I know that's not going to happen. Ooga's not playing these games anymore (games being 'clarifying dumb statements my business partner made').

Good luck with your project guys. Unfortunately, no matter what way, shape or form you revive the Kickstarter in, and no matter how much I want to see something happen to invigorate the Myth franchise, I will not fund your project. Call it a "childish grudge", but the last three weeks have just proven to me that you guys are not cut out for any of this, and I don't think you ever will be.
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™