Mazz demise? - not that great

Talk about anything here.
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

It gets really old really fast even on coop. I was wondering why you guys didnt use an original map for the game. If anyone has plans for a Mazz 5 you should use an original level at least. Not to mention the lousy unit setup. Also i killed that pack of trow that attacks you when your artillery is gone with just a heron guard hero on timid through heroic. :(
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

good for you, you're ready for Requiem of the Dead then

it's still in beta-stage but you can find the latest version in this folder:

http://hl.projectmagma.net/files....as
mauglir

Post by mauglir »

Mazz's Demise was conceived and made by team members who generally specialize in things other than art. My guess is there wasn't an artist available at the time, or maybe the scripters were too impatient ;)
Mauglir
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Actually, Mazz 4 uses not one, but two original cmaps. Very nice ones by ozone and Teep, I might add.

The displacement and passibility maps are what nameless is refering to, as they are the same as Raid. Raid was chosen for both its tactical value and superb passibility (one stuck AI unit could ruin a Mazz game).

Also, Mazz IV makes use of three new units: Iron's Watcher and remake of Myrmidons, and Khel's Wraiths. Mazz also uses some of the nicest pregame artwork in any Myth plugin (if I do say so myself ;) and though the ingame music isn't original, the pre and post game scores composed by Grasshopper exceed anything else 3rd party for Myth. Not that there are a lot of plugins with original music.

But yeah, compared to something like Laws of Evil, Mazz is certainly lacking in artistic areas. :)

Edited By ChrisP on 1093315977