GHOST® gone ?

Talk about anything here.
William Wallet

Re: GHOST® gone ?

Post by William Wallet »

vinylrake wrote:I hear Renwood has some models he would probably be willing to sell you.
Funny you should say that, he was at it again right before he left! Unfortunately he got banned before reading my response.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

William Wallet wrote:
vinylrake wrote:I hear Renwood has some models he would probably be willing to sell you.
Funny you should say that, he was at it again right before he left! Unfortunately he got banned before reading my response.
brothers dear,

the prayer here is for the return of Ghost. Image

Come back Ghost. :)

Julio
Point

Post by Point »

I think more so than 1.8 many people just needed any excuse to step away from myth so many I played games with on marius are rarely if ever on the gate.... the server down time and 1.8 just added enough reasons to the pile of reasons already there to move on... I'm sure many of our ghosts will return and be seen playing and making stuff for myth from time to time... who knows maybe even the "Real" GHOST will return as well...
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

GHOST® was my first teacher in "unitmaker", he helping me in my first unit, the zombie hand and do fixes;

was he, the ghost that drawing for me. :cry:

Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

GodzFire wrote:Bye
please...

no...

don't leave...
God of mapmaking
Undefeated in 1v1 mapmaking competitions
kingthrall

Post by kingthrall »

I enjoyed his maps, shame he is hurting the audience us players than other map makers.
Sorry ghost I agree 1.8 has a lot of issues but without 1.8 Gate of storms will not function regardless. Not exatcly fair is it?
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

kingthrall wrote:I agree 1.8 has a lot of issues [...]
If you know of some issues, please report them and don't assume that the developers are already aware of them. We are (unfortunately) not mind readers.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

kingthrall wrote:Sorry ghost I agree 1.8 has a lot of issues but without 1.8 Gate of storms will not function regardless. Not exatcly fair is it?
First of all, Ghost never said 1.8 had any issues. He was actually waiting for it. Ghost had a problem with Magma and felt he wasn't being heard. Ironically the change he was against and thought he wasn't being heard on isn't even in the final 1.8.0. He disappeared before finding that out. It was a big misunderstanding.

Second, Gate of Storms requires 1.8.0 due to specific changes included in 1.8.0 that allow the new metaserver that was made from scratch to work. At that time, it was not foreseen that GoS would become the main place for Myth II players to gather. It was also believed that any issues people had with 1.8 would get reported in time before the final.

As Mel stated. If issues are found, they are not known by Magma. The devs can't fix issues they don't know about. If you do report them, maybe do it in a 1.8.0 related thread or a new one instead of this thread.
kingthrall

Post by kingthrall »

Pyro wrote:
kingthrall wrote:Sorry ghost I agree 1.8 has a lot of issues but without 1.8 Gate of storms will not function regardless. Not exatcly fair is it?
First of all, Ghost never said 1.8 had any issues. He was actually waiting for it. Ghost had a problem with Magma and felt he wasn't being heard. Ironically the change he was against and thought he wasn't being heard on isn't even in the final 1.8.0. He disappeared before finding that out. It was a big misunderstanding.

Second, Gate of Storms requires 1.8.0 due to specific changes included in 1.8.0 that allow the new metaserver that was made from scratch to work. At that time, it was not foreseen that GoS would become the main place for Myth II players to gather. It was also believed that any issues people had with 1.8 would get reported in time before the final.

As Mel stated. If issues are found, they are not known by Magma. The devs can't fix issues they don't know about. If you do report them, maybe do it in a 1.8.0 related thread or a new one instead of this thread.
I am not complaining about 1.8, but I agree with ghost that 1.7 was smoother compared to 1.8 in the way that the myth units manage. Its more of an astetic gameplay perspective than "practical" with smoother interface with 1.8

Only the pus clipping and the myrk(solved) bug are what I remember but honestly ive never had any major issues personally in terms of gameplay.
Though I will say when bre-unor get a root they will actually be usefull for 4 points because far as I am concerned its a major flaw in balance.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

kingthrall wrote:I am not complaining about 1.8, but I agree with ghost that 1.7 was smoother compared to 1.8 in the way that the myth units manage. Its more of an astetic gameplay perspective than "practical" with smoother interface with 1.8
Can you clarify what you are talking about here? What do you mean "the way that the myth units manage"? If you are talking about motion interpolation, that can be turned off in the preferences.
Only the pus clipping and the myrk(solved) bug are what I remember but honestly ive never had any major issues personally in terms of gameplay.
Though I will say when bre-unor get a root they will actually be usefull for 4 points because far as I am concerned its a major flaw in balance.
The pus thing existed in 1.7.2, so not a 1.8 bug. The myrk thing was fixed as you said. Not sure what bre-unor have to do with 1.8, bungie decided the UT value and it hasn't ever been changed.

You said 1.8 had "a lot of issues", but I'm still not sure what they are :? Can you please explain?
kingthrall

Post by kingthrall »

pmed issues for sake of thread relivance
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

It's much easier if you post the issues publicly since others may be able to help or give suggestions, or they may be of concern to devs other than myself. Don't worry about thread relevance, I will split the thread into a new topic if necessary.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

okay, replied to your PM..