Rediscoved Myth, some questions

Talk about anything here.
Blademan

Rediscoved Myth, some questions

Post by Blademan »

Hey all,
Cleaning out the house and found a Myth manual. My kiddo is as amped as I was 20 some yrs ago with Myth.
  1. Which version should I buy off eBay? Myth 1, Myth 2, or some other? (I've seen some combo packs)
  2. Which platform is best? I have all. I remember playing this on a Apple IIfx and Umax PowerMAC
  3. 1.8.3 Release notes:
    On Mac and Linux, the installer also provides the option of installing Myth II directly from the CD.
    Does that mean Windows install will need a CD to run?
  4. Any place to donate $?
Thanks all
juliocpaes

Re: Rediscoved Myth, some questions

Post by juliocpaes »

Hi Blademan, good return to the myth,

question 1

you must choose the myth 2, because there are constant updates http://tain.totalcodex.net/mythii/updates

myth 1 was extracted to run in myth 2 http://projectmagma.net/downloads/TFL_Solo/

question 2

The myth 2 it run on any platform (PC, MAC or LINUX) if you install the corresponding updates.

question 3

you installed the game on your computer, and made the necessary updates, the myth 2 does not need a CD to play.

question 4

I do not know at the moment.

julio
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

No need to buy it on eBay, you can download a copy free from torrent sites or abandonware sites.
Point

Post by Point »

You can also legally download the demo and update the demo with the 1.8.3 updater... this will allow you to try out many 3rd party maps and campaigns.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Blademan

Post by Blademan »

Thanks all. I actually found my old copy of Myth II Soulblighter. A hiccup installing, since it wouldn't install from CD, but updater pulled the data from the CD. Maybe update the install doc.
Having a blast playing solo, and multiplayer works great as well.
Thanks again!