Advertisement for Myth Series In-Depth

Talk about anything here.
Jeoku

Advertisement for Myth Series In-Depth

Post by Jeoku »

Hey Everyone. I just started a new playthrough on YT of the game focusing on the lore as well as strategy, Easter eggs, and other random pieces of information. Just thought I would post it here if any of you are so inclined to check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvg5gdkgErM&t=2s

Perhaps some of your veterans can watch and tell me about all the things I missed out on or got wrong. Have a nice day!
Jeoku

Re: Advertisement for Myth Series In-Depth

Post by Jeoku »

If any of you are interested Crow's Bridge is up.

https://youtu.be/3Ytr-Bxy7pc

I am gonna keep these videos coming but they are slow right now for some personal reasons.

I hope some people find these enjoyable and it brings some new people into the game. Have a good one!
Deceiver

Post by Deceiver »

cool video, i'll check it out more later when i get the time!
Thank you all for keeping one of the greatest Mac games ever created, alive.
Jeoku

Post by Jeoku »

Deceiver wrote:cool video, i'll check it out more later when i get the time!
Awesome! Hope you like it! Almost done with A Traitor's Grave.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Great information content, but there's something really wrong with the video capture quality. The text in game is hard to read especially in the pre/post screens and the video is generally blurry.

If you're gonna do the entire series it would be really good to get these issues fixed early on.

A couple other suggestions:
-For your TFL playthrough, look into using the TFL interface together with the "TFL style" gestures/boxes preferences.
-I'm biased here but I think Jon God's Detail Texture Megapack is a bit more authentic to the original Bungie feel than the one you are using.
Jeoku

Post by Jeoku »

Melekor,

Thanks a lot for your input. I have been having issues recording. I was using d3d gear but it seems to keep causing issues. Possibly because Myth is such an old game or who knows maybe I have the settings wrong. I am recording it with OBS now instead, which might be a bit odd to use for recording but it works well. I accidentally had the bit rate a bit low on the Siege of Madrigal but looks like I finally figured it out after some headaches. Next mission I will put the bit rate real high and it should look gorgeous!

I do have the TFL Interface plugin I just didnt have it turned on... :) I will try to keep that on for now on!

Funny thing is I thought I was using Jon Gods HD textures and even put those in the description but turns out I was using another one. I am glad you caught this early on and I will start using the correct one. I haven't seen enough to be able to tell the difference.

Thanks for taking some time to watch a bit and giving me some constructive feedback.

I wish someone would make some HD sprites that look authentic. All the ones I have seen have been disappointing.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Jeoku wrote:Thanks for taking some time to watch a bit and giving me some constructive feedback.
No probs, thank you for creating the videos! I'm looking forward to seeing the higher bit rate :D
I wish someone would make some HD sprites that look authentic. All the ones I have seen have been disappointing.
Could still happen someday.. :wink:
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Latest vids looking much improved 8)
Jeoku

Post by Jeoku »

Thanks! Still trying to iron out some stuff with getting the voice perfect. Learning a lot but still plenty more to learn.
Jeoku

Post by Jeoku »

For those of you who are interested I finished Myth The Fallen Lords and will be continuing with Myth 2 Soulblighter in a couple weeks.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLI ... rFTOS60CRa

Some things to find out:
Find out who the statue in Homecoming really is! Hint: it's not Connacht
See how to get no deaths in the Watcher! This is a long one though.
Did you notice all the random stuff in the explosion in the Great Devoid? I am not only talking about Alric's head!

And so much more! If you really want to know the answers to some of these I can tell you but just trying to build some hype lol.
Jeoku

Post by Jeoku »

The Myth trilogy is now complete. You can all now binge watch through all three games. I know a lot of people don't enjoy Myth 3 the Wolf Age but I would encourage you Myth junkies to at least watch the final video in the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLW9KqsybV8