Need help installing 1.8.3

Talk about anything here.
torterra92407

Need help installing 1.8.3

Post by torterra92407 »

Not great with all this so please bear with me. Just an older guy trying to play a game I used to enjoy. I'm not sure how to install the updated version. Whenever I try to select a folder it says that myth isn't installed in that folder, but it is and I am able to run the game without the updates Would really appreciate any help I can get. Thank you
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: Need help installing 1.8.3

Post by Melekor »

I'll try to help. Before we start let's just clarify a couple of things:
  • What operating system are you using (Windows, Mac or Linux) and what version.
  • What game are you trying to play (Myth: The Fallen Lords, or Myth II: Soulblighter)
If you can figure out how to post a screenshot of your game install folder, that could answer both questions.
EDIT: here is a web tool you can use to share a screenshot: https://snipboard.io/
torterra92407

Post by torterra92407 »

Melekor wrote:I'll try to help. Before we start let's just clarify a couple of things:
  • What operating system are you using (Windows, Mac or Linux) and what version.
  • What game are you trying to play (Myth: The Fallen Lords, or Myth II: Soulblighter)
If you can figure out how to post a screenshot of your game install folder, that could answer both questions.
EDIT: here is a web tool you can use to share a screenshot: https://snipboard.io/
I am using Windows and I am trying to play Myth II Soulblighter.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

OK. You say the installer is giving you an error.

"Whenever I try to select a folder it says that myth isn't installed in that folder, but it is".

I can think of two possible reasons you are getting this error.
1) You are not entering the path to the folder correctly.
2) Myth is installed at that folder, but it is not a FULL installation. The original game was able to run off the CD-Rom, but our updates require you to have a full installation of all the game files.

The game files are stored in a folder called "tags" inside your install folder.

For example, if your game is installed at C:/games/myth2, then the tags folder will be at C:/games/myth2/tags

Please refer to this screenshot to see what the contents of your tags folder is supposed to look like:
http://projectmagma.net/~melekor/upload ... l/tags.png
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Hope you didn't give up already. It shouldn't be too hard to get it working.

If you have all the tag files installed it's just a matter of pointing the installer at the correct folder.

If you don't, then you will need to copy some files off the CD, or download them from the internet if you don't have a CD.