should and can magma become a myth server?

Talk about anything here.
promagma

Post by promagma »

I have tried to enter playmyth.net many times. At each attempt, I get no response. The playmyth people dont seem to be trying to fix the system either. They just bitch about "lack of faith in them" well maybe our lack of faith is right.

It seems like project magma has a lot of talented people in it and magma is user friendly, fan friendly, and myth friendly. Would it be possible for project magma to become a myth online server?

think about it
ozone

Post by ozone »

why is it you cant register at playmyth? Have they given you a reason or have you gotten any feedback from them?

If in time you cant register at playmyth you could always try MARIUSNET...though you may not find anyone playing here...

:mad:
do it.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

To answer your questions, yes we could host a server, quite easily too. But should we? I very much doubt it. For one it would split the dwindled Myth community yet again, and it would unavoidably provoke a lot of public ill-feeling with the Playmyth folk. The end result would be yet another reduction in the number of people playing the game, which would be totally counterproductive.

Add to that the fact that mnet already exists as a perfectly suitable alternative to Playmyth (if only people would actually play there) and there really is no reason for us to start a server.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

I don't know exactly what your specific problem is, but I believe you when you say you've experienced some frustrations. I also know there are people at PlayMyth that are very community friendly and very much want more players using their server. Like people everywhere though, some are more helpful than others.

Try again, and if you still don't get any help, perhaps post here again. Good luck.

Edited By ChrisP on 1104454886
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Also perhaps try messaging Stonecold, who's not only a Magma member but also a PMA...
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

I'm with Iron on this one.
TopGunZ

Post by TopGunZ »

Good suggestion though promagma. :cool:
"I tried sniffing coke once, but the ice cubes stuck in my nose"
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

for some reason the name "promagma" makes me think of a caveman.

Edited By Orlando the Axe on 1104535027
Archer

Post by Archer »

Cro Magman Man?

~J
Failure: when your best just isn't good enough.
TopGunZ

Post by TopGunZ »

Anyone here of that Aspyr game, CroMag Rally?
Blades ~FF~

Post by Blades ~FF~ »

I just kinda stumbled on this thread so I thought I'd chime in. Recently, PlayMyth removed the email address restriction - so now you can register with a freebie email address (I think this was done in early december). So there should be no reason not to get an account. You will not be able to play ranked on an account created with a freebie address to prevent dummying of ranked accounts and player bashing, but accounts are possible.

Also you posted this on December 30 and I'm not sure when you emailed us, but this is the holiday season. Many of us are spending time with families over the holiday season and are not as up on things on the server. Perhaps it would be best to have a bit of patience with us. We're people and have families and enjoy the holidays like everyone else.

Thanks for your understanding. We work as hard at this as we're able.

If you like, email me at: elusivemind@mac.com if your problem is still unresolved and I will see what I can do to resolve it.

Thanks;
Blades
TopGunZ

Post by TopGunZ »

Hey Blades (out of curiousity) you think that plan is fair?
Blades ~FF~

Post by Blades ~FF~ »

what plan are you referring to?
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Personally I think that allowing ppl to play unranked with a freebie email account is an excellent move.
Industry

Post by Industry »

Seconded. I know people who won't use anything but a freebie email account.