whenever fear 1.5 or later comes to mac? - whenever fear 1.5 or later comes to mac?

Talk about anything here.
Hikaru

Post by Hikaru »

waiting for a long time, whenever does Fear 1.5 comes on Mac?
someone said "Fear might take 'some time' " to be released for Mac.
or now just ask for getting virtual PC : (
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

While I think Loathing 1.5 for OS X is expected to be released this month, Fear 1.5 for OS X is not coming anytime soon. I am not sure what the scenerio is for Fear 1.5 running in Classic.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

iirc Fear for OS X is pretty mangled so is likely a way off, however it isn't a huge priority as it runs fine under Classic, meanwhile Loathing is pretty unwiedly in Classic, yes it works but it would be much easier to run it natively.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Fear's had a lot of updates that I need to complete my maps easily. I can only do stuff if I go to a friend's house, slowing the speed of my development a LOT.

Loathing 1.5 would be great but tbh I'd prefer Fear to come sooner than Loathing. Maybe divert development? **prays**
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

Me and Will, whenever we do make maps for Myth (and if we ever will after Freedom II) we use Classic, just because it's easier, and we can't work out connecting our computers the way we want in OSX.

Fear and Loathing 1.5 would be great if it came out for Classic. *sigh*
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Cid you shameless plugger.

The only thing I want to do with 1.5 is add the option of having my guys SCREAM in pain when they burn to death. Apart from that, I'm perfectly fine with old Fear/Loathing.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

OSX is for chumps anyway, bring on the Classic.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

I'm a chump
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Hahaha. In all honesty, I dig OSX (being a chump and all) but all my filmmaking software is on OS9 and I can't just run around putting OSX on my tired old iMacDV, or buying new software for Cid's iMac Superdrive.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Well, Loathing 1.5 is going to be a carbon app so it will still work in Classic as well as OS X (in theory, it's a bit bitchy).

I think the problem with Fear is that there is no complete source code for it, so a lot of hacking could be required to make it work, that or a complete re-write. A modified Vengeance is a possibility as it has tag editing capabilities and is a carbon app, but it was written using delphi (I think) which is not the easiest to edit language, and isn't that portable code-base.

So in other words, it's not going to be the easiest or quickest one of the two to do at all, I'd rather have one working tool out soon if possible rather than none for ages and that's what we're going for at the moment.

Edited By haravikk on 1105141368
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these: