Need help with Mazzarin's demise video - Don't work

Talk about anything here.
Liu Xuande

Post by Liu Xuande »

How do i view the mazzarins demise IV legendary vid? I don' know which program it uses.
Sig under constuction
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Theoretically, you should be able to add it to your "recordings" folder in your Myth directory and then view it as a saved film in Myth II. I've never been able to get it to appear there though.

A-Red
TopGunZ

Post by TopGunZ »

Me neither A-Red. Plus, I don't want to see other people's accomplishments either. :p
"I tried sniffing coke once, but the ice cubes stuck in my nose"
Liu Xuande

Post by Liu Xuande »

Alot of stuff on this site doesn't work. It won't take much to fix so they should get on it. The only plugin I've got to work is that mazzarins demise IV. ITS GREAT but unfortunately I can't get others to work
Sig under constuction
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

None of them?

I had trouble with The Fallen Levels a while back, and Dol Baren 2 but mentioned that and they fixed the links.

The Mazz IV film will only work on Myth II 1.4.x, not 1.5.0, maybe that's the problem - I don't kno since I haven't got it.

Do you have any plugins that don't "agree" with Magma plugs? I know that if you have Jinn or The Seventh God, you can't do The Fallen Levels or TFL multis.
Liu Xuande

Post by Liu Xuande »

I've only recently started with all this plugin myth stuff. And the only one i have now is the demise. So I expected a few more to work. Have all the ones on the site been updated to work with 1.5? Plus the other demise III vids are just readme pages. Weird. Well thnaks for the answer, now I'll get back to my quest of doing demise IV on legendary by myself.
Sig under constuction
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Hi Liu Xuande. As Elfoid stated, the film for the Mazzarin's Demise IV legendary win can only be viewed on the version of Myth it was created on: Myth 2 1.4.x. -- Not 1.5.0.

Sorry about that. If you really want to view it, you can download Myth 2 1.4.3 from this site.

All our other plugins here should work. I, or someone, will be glad to help you resolve your problems if you could be a little more specific. Does the link not work? Does the plugin not show up in your Map or Plugin lists? Does it crash Myth when you try it and what does your Myth Log (in your Myth folder) say if it does?

And good luck with Mazz IV! Send me a film if you beat it Legendary solo.
Liu Xuande

Post by Liu Xuande »

Well maybe I'm just putting them in the wrong place. Do I have to extract the files? Or can I just save them to my plugins folder and thats the end of it? Maybe they don't work because the majority of them were built for 1.4. I guess I'll downgrade for now until more plugin downloads are available for 1.5. Keep up the good work.
I'm doing mazzarins demise on a timid test run but I'm having trouble with the watcher. He seems invincible.
Sig under constuction
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

The plugins should ALL work on 1.5. Only the recordings have issues. Actually more plugins work w/ 1.5 than do with 1.4, so downgrading would be a bad thing imo.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

some plugs are different on 1.4 since the patches are designed to cope mainly with reg play (also probably WWII and Magma's own maps I'm guessing) but crashes are rare.

If only they'd fix The Seventh God so it didn't skrew up Chimera, Fallen Levels and TFL multis...I don't think I used to have that problem
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Liu Xuande, all the plugins are compressed as zips or sits, so yes, you need to extract them before placing them in your plugin folder. Furthermore, if it works under 1.4, it will also work under 1.5.

The best way to hurt the Watcher isn't necessarily to attack him directly. ;)