Demo suggestion (repeat)

Talk about anything here.
PoohBear

Post by PoohBear »

I posted about this months ago. Now that the demo release is in sight, I want to make sure it wasn't forgotten.

Add a dorf riot variant to the Gimble mesh on the demo.

I know the vets have long burned out on it, but dorf riot is still the simplest game you can play on Myth. Point, click, run, toss a bottle, watch the dorf heads roll in amusing directions. Anyone can figure it out and it's fun in a goofy, appealing way.

It'd be a way to attract huge amounts of attention. When you get a mention on Fark.com or Something Awful or Screenhead, you'd be attracting a huge new audience of curious players. And some proportion of that audience would try the harder games on the demo. And maybe stick around for more.
WHADDUP G"s

Post by WHADDUP G"s »

i think instead of a dorf riot, something more... better should be demoed. not saying it's bad, but i think putting out a TSG demo, BUSHIDO demo, WW2 would attract more people. People who have seen the Blue vs. Grey plugin said that was the most fun/best looking civil war game thing they've seen so i think those would all be good.
qwerty2

Post by qwerty2 »

PoohBear is right, dorf riot would be a nice simple introduction to myth. If there is any possibility at all please include it.

What happened to all the fs guys, haven't seen any around for ages.
what the hell is the pword to my old account?