Mazz 6, Gearing Up!

Talk about anything here.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

pompey, no need to worry about that.

Elfoid, yes, there will be a new contest.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Chris what about your man Mazz 6 man Godz to help out huh? Come oooooon!
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

pompey wrote:...my hope is that you won't make a mandatory change in the game based on number of players involved.
MY hope is that people will start, as a team, on the simple or timid levels. Just getting accustomed to the units and their affects requires a manual =>:-]

There were well over 10 people playing as a group last night on Normal, several of which knew the units back to front, had vast experience from all versions of Mazz, including the soon-to-come, AND know the luxuries and limits of Myth 1.6.

We failed.

Again.

This is just my opinion, but I believe CP has safely removed 'dumb luck' as a potential strategem for beating Mazz VI on ANY level =>:-/

-Oro
pompey

Post by pompey »

Thank you Chris, you've set my heart at ease. We can be annihilated just like everyone else.
Oroboros wrote: MY hope is that people will start, as a team, on the simple or timid levels. Just getting accustomed to the units and their affects requires a manual =>:-]

This is just my opinion, but I believe CP has safely removed 'dumb luck' as a potential strategem for beating Mazz VI on ANY level =>:-/
I'm not sure if this is a response to my post about playing with a limited number of participants. If so, I would just say that the three of us played on Timid (for the win after 2 games), Simple (for a win after 3 games), and then on Normal for approximately 50 games without a win. Simply for a change of pace, we played another 50 or so games on Heroic (consistently making it to steel/blood. Not a fantastic accomplishment obviously, but something). When the new plugin's release month was announced, we decided to go all out on Legendary. We did not skip any levels, nor did we stop trying to use all of the abilities at hand to make the best of our attempts.

As far as luck is concerned, there is an even smaller element in Mazz V than in previous versions. I imagine because of the sheer quantity of scripts and placement of units on the map, Chris didn't randomize the loads like before. I assure you that we have a very good sense of the inexorable assault when we begin each game, which only came from countless late nights trying the game at every level.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

pompey wrote:Thank you Chris, you've set my heart at ease. We can be annihilated just like everyone else.

As far as luck is concerned, there is an even smaller element in Mazz V than in previous versions. I imagine because of the sheer quantity of scripts and placement of units on the map, Chris didn't randomize the loads like before. I assure you that we have a very good sense of the inexorable assault when we begin each game, which only came from countless late nights trying the game at every level.
Hey, that sounds cool! I may like this version of Mazz.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Personally I felt Mazz V was the weakest in the series (including ROTD as about half of people do) ;O
buckweaver

Post by buckweaver »

Nonsense 'froid. 5>4>3 (but I despise wraiths)
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

4 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 5 > rotd!
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

godcop > elfoid
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

I've had the most fun playing V.

-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
pompey

Post by pompey »

:) Da Cid (: McCl wrote:I've had the most fun playing V.

-TGP-
I agree. I believe they've all been improvements on their predecessors except (as previously mentioned) the loss of randomness in V.
Elf, would you care to elaborate why you disliked V more than the others, or simply what elements about the previous ones were more appealing?

P.S. Cid, bless you for bumping this ;)
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Mazz V always felt somehow less epic than Mazz IV, despite the statistics. It felt slower too.

I also found there was too many specials - getting a team where no one messed up because they didn't know what to do has never happened to me. The units just don't fight the same way as reg Myth units do, not just the moves but their style. It always felt like Mazz IV was a test of your mastery of Myth II and Mazz V was a test of your mastery of the Myth II engine - whatever units were involved. If that makes sense.

I know its more popular so I'm not saying Mazz IV > V, just that IV catered more to what I wanted better.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

The Elfoid wrote:4 > 2 > 3 > 1 > 5 > rotd!
The Elfoid wrote: I'm not saying Mazz IV > V
Seriously. I respect your opinions at all, but don't say something, and then say you didn't say it! Especially when its written right above!

I was a fan of 5. I kinda get what you are saying about not feeling like myth II, but 4 didn't feel much like myth II either,except for the collections.

As for getting a team that doesn't make mistakes, and knows how to use everything...well! Thats half the fun of it!

-DA
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Yeah my comment about which was best before was meant to be a strong opinion, I didn't state it well did I? :P
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

Mazz 5 had too many sea monsters.

And too many damn n00bs
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze