Alien dark tide?

Talk about anything here.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Trev, Youngsy and me have played a few games Tir! You shoulda joined us :(
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »

Zeph wrote:well, i remember the developpment of ADT for the simple fact I was buddy with strangelet. Probably only Joyeuse ever helped him in his production, the rest were busy creating a now abandonplug called Day of the Ghol which was probably the worst solo campaign ever created for myth, heh.
Many of us designed maps for it, qui and myself included. I remember other work was done, but don't recall off the top of my head.

However, it was 97% strangelet.

I don't think joyeuse ever produced anything.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

qui? Which map did he do. I dont remember.

Though I know you made Seven dead lies :) I still have the original medieval one if you are looking for it
Amadeus

Re:

Post by Amadeus »

Zeph wrote:qui? Which map did he do. I dont remember.

Though I know you made Seven dead lies :) I still have the original medieval one if you are looking for it
Actually I don't remember which he did. I'll ask when I talk to him.

Do you have the original one? I could use it =-).
vinylrake

Re: Alien dark tide?

Post by vinylrake »

speaking of replying to old threads, i found a more complete version of the Day of the Ghol web page (mentioned a few posts back as possibly the worst solo ever).

http://mything.org/maps/readmes/vaporwa ... the-ghols/
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »

vinylrake wrote:speaking of replying to old threads, i found a more complete version of the Day of the Ghol web page (mentioned a few posts back as possibly the worst solo ever).

http://mything.org/maps/readmes/vaporwa ... the-ghols/
I actually think I just found a model that was to go into day of the ghols. Just a simple guard tower. I remember they wanted it to crash into something, but right now its just a tower :P.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

one of those siege tower thingies on wheels with a battering ram (optional) ?
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »

vinylrake wrote:one of those siege tower thingies on wheels with a battering ram (optional) ?
Nah, it was a really simple in game model, probably one of my first from the looks of what I have. It also looks to be an early version of it.

It was made for bowmen to stand on (kinda) and shoot down from. Four wooden beams going upwards, a platform, and a wooden roof on top.

I imagine anyone familiar with the tools could make it in an hour or two. But if it has some value beyond that, I can upload it or just a shot of it.

I wouldn't even mention it other than I haven't heard anything about DoG since forever.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

well, as someone who likes to collect things myth-related, i'd appreciate an upload (and screenshot if you are feeling motivated).
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »

vinylrake wrote:well, as someone who likes to collect things myth-related, i'd appreciate an upload (and screenshot if you are feeling motivated).
Least I can do considering all the junk that you've collected that I needed =-).

Does hpak still play weekly btw?
Local
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

heh this looks like the tower you made for my plugin a long time ago :)

glad you found your old map amadeus :)
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »

Zeph wrote:heh this looks like the tower you made for my plugin a long time ago :)

glad you found your old map amadeus :)
Which plug was that? I'm pretty sure this was for DoG first, I remember them wanting it to fall into a wall or something. Perhaps I reused it?

Or maybe you are right. Who knows, if so ignore me.
Fury IX

Post by Fury IX »

I for one think its a great tower, hope it ends up on the bag of tags site. I would use it on a ww2 map if I was to make one.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Amadeus wrote:Least I can do considering all the junk that you've collected that I needed =-).
thanks! (looks good!)

ps. Fury IX, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to get added to the Bag o' Tags site - unless I missed his return the Bo'T creator has been away from the community for (at least) several months.
Last edited by vinylrake on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Could use some reskinning pretty badly :D There's another tower ozone made that's in a few various ww2 plugins that looks very similar to this one. Perhaps it's that one you're thinking of Zeph?