1.7 stuff

Talk about anything here.
The Elfoid

Re: 1.7 stuff

Post by The Elfoid »

Death's Avatar wrote:
qwerty2 wrote:
Point wrote:
really though if you cant get one player to join you ... should you really be able to set yourself up as a captain... and who sets cap .... and what if they are not who you want to cap.... seems to me simply joining the person you want to be teams on should work...
you obviously don't play random games so please don't comment any more on this issue.
Heh that was belligerent. Just take his opinion and carry on eh?

-DA
I'm with qwerty on this one DA, and normally I'd side with you in a moral discussion. The majority of players are just not that straightforward.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

DA never did disagree with qwerty, so why side with one when both might be correct.
qwerty2

Post by qwerty2 »

another couple of suggestions:

ability to set sub-captains from within the game (it's probably far to difficult to implement but would be useful)

Allow neutral observers to chat amongst themselves (i.e the team of neutral observers usually found watching a 1v1 match should be allowed to talk)

allow multiplayer viewing of films (again probably to hard to implement)

Somehow allow autohost to work from a command line, when I autohost I don't really need or want to see which random late night players are 1v1ing
what the hell is the pword to my old account?
Road

Post by Road »

Point wrote:
Baak wrote:
qwerty2 wrote:the ability to set captains in a random game without having a 2nd person join.
I vote for that one as well. I believe I put that in the "wish list".

Heh, I even created a Randomizer page a million years ago just for that purpose (it's a bit kludgey by today's standards). With it we could say: player A, B, C are willing to be captains, while player D, E, F aren't and it would generate random teams accordingly.

really though if you cant get one player to join you ... should you really be able to set yourself up as a captain... and who sets cap .... and what if they are not who you want to cap.... seems to me simply joining the person you want to be teams on should work...
I would think it was best for the host to set up the captians (I think that is what qwerty is suggesting with "ability to set sub-captains from within the game" perhapes with a check box that the host has access to in the pregame room. Personally Id be a little worried that the "sub-captians" would be friends of the host that will intentually lose the game in ranked games but I guess you never really know.
Another possibility would be for the game to decide based upon the rank of the players where as it takes the amount of teams of the map and selects that number of the highest ranked players to be captians.
qwerty2

Post by qwerty2 »

Road wrote: Personally Id be a little worried that the "sub-captians" would be friends of the host that will intentually lose the game in ranked games but I guess you never really know.
.... that may have been true 7-8 years ago when people actually cared about rank... but nowadays with only ~50 truly active people I don't think it matters all that much
Road wrote:
Another possibility would be for the game to decide based upon the rank of the players where as it takes the amount of teams of the map and selects that number of the highest ranked players to be captians.
no, do not do this.

The best way would be for the original captain to have a separate detach button (like alt ctrl shift cmd option \) that would enable whoever received those units to be mini-captain to whoever they then passed the units on to.

i.e Captain uses special to give units to sub captain. Sub captain then detaches to whoever he likes and is then in effect the captain of those units
what the hell is the pword to my old account?
Road

Post by Road »

Yeah, i misunderstood the "sub-captian" bit, I was refferring to captians in that comment ;)
SamualACarver

Post by SamualACarver »

I think that it would be nice to be able to watch films in multiplayer. It would be fun for one thing, and also it would be good for preparing for tourneys. It would be good for watching how other teams play, and you could review your own matches or other people matches as a team. Of course everyone would have to have the same film just like a plugin.

Another thing that would be nice is if you could use any key for presets. The other day I was trying to set up new keys I wanted to use the keypad on my keyboard. It wouldn't allow me to use the key pad numbers for presets. You have to use the numbers on the top of the keyboard. I don't have one, but that probably also means that you couldn't use one of the custom game keyboards either. It would be very handy to be able to use any key for presets.

Just to be clear I don't mean the set/recall preset key. I know that can be anything. I am talking about the actual preset numbers.

Another thing that would be nice is to make the icons with your player name in multiplayer mode customizable. So that you could make your own icons. Of course they would have to fit certain parameters. But it would be nice to make different icons.
Krille

Post by Krille »

It would be nice to be able to use the keyboard layout I use in windows in myth too, so that I can annoy people by writing in Swedish åäöåäö ;)
Omicron

Post by Omicron »

I have Myth II 1.6 for windows (classic) and I noticed that the macintosh version has an option in preferences, Max FPS. Is there a reason this can't be added to the windows versions?

Also what does the Windows Hacks For Lag option do?
Last edited by Omicron on Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This message delivered by Interplanetary Telegraph Service
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Omicron wrote:I have Myth II 1.6 for windows (classic) ... Max FPS...
Windows modern build has that too.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

Yes i like the watch films in multi idea as well! I have made a post about maybe being able to "host films in multiplayer feature" but none of the devs or anybody else responded to it.

If it was hard to implement then nevermind, but somehow it seems like the myth engine could be made to run a film in multiplayer pretty easy.

-Renwood
Peach Out
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Renwood TWA wrote:Yes i like the watch films in multi idea as well! I have made a post about maybe being able to "host films in multiplayer feature" but none of the devs or anybody else responded to it.

If it was hard to implement then nevermind, but somehow it seems like the myth engine could be made to run a film in multiplayer pretty easy.

-Renwood
I think everything seems "pretty easy" when I have no idea of what's involved.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

Its been brought up before and would take a major reworking of the code or something.

So not going to happen
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

mmmm just imagine people hosting 16 player games of people watching MWC 09 films!

And being able to talk to each other, that would add a lot of fun indeed.

also be GREAT for bugtesting.

IM sure myth COULD do it, it just might be a huge pain in the ass and not worth it for the end result.

there really isnt any reason myth couldnt do it, other then it hasnt been set up to do so. Since films are just instructions of evreything that the engine did in a previous game, from beginning to end.

mb this will go under the Wish list features section.

-Ren
Peach Out
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Ren, please take this in the spirit it is intended I am not trying to pick a fight, this is meant as good natured kidding. And I realize that viewing films with multiple players *appears* to the outside observer as pretty similar to playing games with multiple players... but appearances are often not what they seem.
Renwood TWA wrote:there really isnt any reason myth couldnt do it, other then it hasnt been set up to do so.
Which is kind of like saying "There really isn't any reason I can't edit my digital movies in Excel, other then it hasn't been set up to do so."