Map-makers "Bag of Tags" resource!

Talk about anything here.
ThreeTigerSilverWind

Re: Map-makers "Bag of Tags" resource!

Post by ThreeTigerSilverWind »

Hey there,

I downloaded some Units from your website and made edits to one in particular -- the Elven Archeress Heroine from TSG -- but the unit no longer appears as an Elven Archeress Heroine on the mesh.

My guess is that some necessary tags are missing and the unit cannot be edited properly through Fear. Is there a way around this? I am trying to get the unit to fire arrows a little farther and faster -- these would be edits to the Monster tag only.

Thanks in advance.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I haven't tried the sites's tags, but it is possible you changed something causing this issue. Without more info I can't be of much help. Maybe you changed the collection it uses. Or you removed a tag that messed it up. Or you added other tags that might use some of the same tag IDs which would mess things up. If a unit uses collection "abcd" and then you added more tags where another collection uses "abcd" for its tag ID, then you would have 2 monsters trying to use the same 1 collection and ignoring the other.
ThreeTigerSilverWind

Pyro -- some additional info:

When I open the Monsters tag, the Collections are missing for the unit (says "No Tag").

Also, when I open "7 elf archer hero arrow" in the Attacks section of the Monsters tag, the sequences are either all gibberish or Fear crashes.

Any hope?

Thanks.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Sounds like you might have accidently removed/deleted the collection. Or it is a collection flag thing. When you open collections in a collection editor, there is a section for flags. If the "Monsters" flag is checked for that collection then Fear will see that collection when selecting a collection in the monster tags.
ThreeTigerSilverWind

After downloading the tags, the only changes I made were to the following under "monsters":

- Maximum range (under Attacks)
- Recovery time (under Attacks)
- Warning (under Distances)
- Activation (under Distances)
- Longest Range

These were very simple changes and I don't think I deleted any collections tags. I did some subsequent, further, testing and here is some additional info:

- Under "projectiles," the sequences for "7 elf archer hero arrow" (flight, debris, bounce) are all greyed out. If we edit the Damage at all, the arrow disappears from the game (when the unit shoots, we can no longer see arrows).

- I am, however, able to edit the object and the string lists without any ensuing weirdness.

Is there a collections editor on Fear? I see a "7archerelf" file in the collections folder under local, but it is not available when monsters is opened through Fear. Also, is the disappearing arrow also due to the collections issue?

Thanks.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Fear can't edit collections which is why it doesn't show them by default. When you open Fear, hold Shift before it opens or as you open it. This will make Fear list some tags it can't alter like collections.

If you are a Windows user, find Tahoe. If you area a classic Mac OS (or can emulate classic Mac OS) user, find Amber. Or wait until the new cross platform collection editor is out. Open the collection that seems to be causing these issues. Look at its flags which will be these checkboxes for Monsters, Projectiles, Scenery, etc. Make sure they have Monsters and Projectiles checked. Then just save it. Go to those monster/proj tags and link that collection back to where it should be.
ThreeTigerSilverWind

Tahoe did the trick. When I first opened the tag, the boxes for Monster and Projectile, strangely enough, were already checked. I "saved as" anyway and re-opened Fear. Lo and behold, the collections for the unit now appeared.

Thanks again for your help.
Souly

Post by Souly »

If got some more dino's tho.
Ill upload the plug for you SoulB and you can extract them and stuff
IF you wanan see the other Dino's look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2F-Vj64tvw
Sonixboom

Post by Sonixboom »

i lopve your site man its great. i use it whenever i need some unit or well. anything for myth 8)

-Sonix
Anyone interested in joining my clan drop me a line.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

It isn't Souly's site, it is Soulblaster's site.
Souly

Post by Souly »

Sonix dont let Pyro fool you, he can be very rude!

Pyro everyone knows by now i have split personality's :twisted:
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Don't joke, Saint might believe you. :P