Future of New Myth

Talk about anything here.
Jon God

Re: Future of New Myth

Post by Jon God »

Ah, Floyd, I haven't spoken with you in quite some time, to see what I am working on these days, check here:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... f=3&t=4562

I also really have my doubts that the SCII level editor could bring all the workings of Artifacts, scripting, projectiles in Myth style to life.

I personally doubt this is the future of Myth, not to be a downer.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

I will definately try this starcraft editor and report back next year!
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I've actually been on a 68k games binge lately and I have to say, I'd be more interested in making a newer interpretation of Warcraft 1. It'd wouldn't have a single elf in sight - 1994 was when Warcraft was awesome. Screw all those secondary races, they were as boring as an Amish disco.

*ahem* Incidentally, I'm interested in this new editor. Games with powerful editors have way more appeal for me than those which don't. If Myth II hadn't shipped with Fear and Loathing I don't know that I would've played it for more than a couple of years.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
WaaMatt

Post by WaaMatt »

You know, I think I'm with William Wallet. The mere fact that SC2 has a complex editor is going to be the deciding factor in my purchase. I enjoyed SC because it was a different type of RTS than Myth - that's important to me. I don't want all the games I play to be the same, and it's the reason that the only RTS I continue to play are SC, WC3, and Myth II. (Admittedly, SC and WC3 are very similar.)

I am very eager to see what the SC2 editor is capable of. No offense to the Myth community, but I hope it has better documentation than Fear and Loathing. Yeah, yeah, a lot of work has been put into that end of the Myth world, but there's still a lot in the Myth editors that seems really... bizarre. (Perhaps that was Bungie's intention.) Then again, I haven't spent an intimate amount of time with Fear and Loathing - just a few abandoned projects over the years.

Needless to say, if someone released a Myth Mod for SC2, I would happily try it out and provide feedback on it.
Waagh!