Freedom campaign

Talk about anything here.
A-Red

Post by A-Red »

Guest wrote:Please let me know if the final level works for you. I cannot even open it up in Loathing, for it will just crash on me.
I can't open it in Loathing either. If I disassemble the plugin into Loathing with Topaz, then Loathing simply will not open. It crashes upon opening until I delete the local folder.

A-Red
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Sorry to hear about that dudes. I have a plugin which is just the last level of Freedom 1, with only the necessary tags and stuff. I don't know if that will work any better for you or not. But I'll dig it up if ya like.
Da Cid

Post by Da Cid »

Just diggin everything up today ain't ya Will?

This is great, a thread about Freedom!
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Hey there - thanks again for offering to host.

I am wondering - is there a size limitation with that offer? I've gotten the plugin down to 77mb. Is that ok?
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

My host has always been reasonably slow, but size is near unlimited (i run it off a comp that has 60 gigs of free space). I'll talk to the Package guys also, they have a fast host, but less space, and they usually let me host there. So there are 2 links usually on my site, a slow one off my server, and a fast one off theirs.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Not to mention that magma has this server, capable of serving many megs over and over again, at good speeds. I bet if you talked to doobie or some other admins they'd be more than happy to allow you to link to a file hosted on their server as well ;)
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Doobie said he wouldn't mind. So I can have a link there.

Thanks Magma, for being such a good contributer to the myth community.
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

This just gets better and better!

Thanks to all who are helping.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Hehe, thanks all! I should stop posting and start working on my damned plugin.

And about the description - I am an idiot. Going through my CD's of crap last night, I discovered that I only took pictures of the *reviews* that Beer Can and others gave me. I completely forgot to take screenshots of the cute descriptions I wrote at the time (July 2003).

Well let me try and remember it...
---
"The war changed us all.

Simple peasants became the most dependable soldiers a man could hope for. Mild mannered boy kings became fierce leaders of men. And brothers traded sword blows in the home of their father..."

Freedom 1 - 11 solo player levels featuring hilarious voice overs! (this is where my memory gets patchy) Keep in mind, this campaign was made for a 6 year old, and it's the first time we've tried to make anything this big. But bear with it, it gets better towards the end".
---
I am still distressed to hear of Tornberry's continued woes in making the last level work. I can't understand it - every computer I play it on works fine.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Right now I'm recording the climactic dialogue of the main baddie. I hope you guys like bad movies... (think Highlander)
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Hmm, I'm starting to worry that the version of freedom i have is corrupt. I can't seem to load it from the plugins menu.
it just isn't there.
Do you have a copy that you know works that I could have?
TopGunZ

Post by TopGunZ »

William Wallet wrote:Right now I'm recording the climactic dialogue of the main baddie. I hope you guys like bad movies... (think Highlander)
Try MacGuyver instead.
"I tried sniffing coke once, but the ice cubes stuck in my nose"
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

Hey Tarous, I was playing my copy of Freedom 1 yesterday, and it was working fine (besides little things like me not winning). I don't know why yours would be corrupt, we only put up Freedom once, and the copy we put up is a copy of mine.

I can't give it to you, because I'm on 56k (and this is a different computer to the one that has it). Aks Will if he can maybe get it to you. :;):
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Actually Cid - I'm not really sure where his version is from, because the one I uploaded to The Mill was a .sit, and that's the only version I ever released.

I'd be happy to send it your way.
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Just upload it into my Coops folder in my folder @ udogs.