Mazz 6, Gearing Up!

Talk about anything here.
woof •FoG•

Re: Tastes like chicken.

Post by woof •FoG• »

I can't imagine why you would have originally said these weren't worth the large download. Tainted love indeed. Priceless!
The Mazz teaser is mostly an inhouse joke about the difficulty of Mazz 6 Legendary with a poke at CP's Sextet of Mazz.

Tainted Love originally had a Johnny Cash soundtrack, "Ring of Fire". It was a tough choice to go with the Cure.
Well well, I am definitely teased. Thanks for the solid work, as always, woof.
ozone

Post by ozone »

the Cure?

thats Soft Cell not the Cure... tho I do think a CUre tune would be more fitting.

:shock:
do it.
woof •FoG•

Post by woof •FoG• »

ozone wrote:the Cure?

thats Soft Cell not the Cure... tho I do think a CUre tune would be more fitting.

:shock:
Whoops yeah brain fog. this one is Soft Cell.

Supposedly The Cure did a cover, but I cant find it.

Feel free to remash the vid with yer favorite tune ;)
druik

Post by druik »

Please take wraiths out so I can stop killing kitten and puppies after each game...
pompey

Post by pompey »

druik wrote:Please take wraiths out so I can stop killing kitten and puppies after each game...
See, I actually enjoy the wraiths with the exception that by the time I worry about them, the landscape is so burnt and blackened that it takes an extremely keen eye to spot them. However, that's partly due to the fact that playing as a three-man team we can't afford to be very mobile: our little corner gets blown to heck. Well, wraiths actually bug me for that and the fact that I freak out half the time when I see Khellek looming somewhere and think he's a wraith for a moment.

In the earlier Demise maps, lone melee could run around without a whole lot of fear of being smacked down as long as you watched him. Both zerks and heron are swift enough to avoid most threats, and what threats did hit them wouldn't hurt them badly enough to prevent them from returning home for some quick mandrake love. However, having a nearly invisible threat sneak up and completely immobilize your troop means you should keep a tighter reign on them, since realistically stragglers DO get picked off. They fill a unique niche and I think they have their place just like maul, myrmidons, ghol, wights, and everyone else do.
druik

no

Post by druik »

no...no...no

If you want to make them to still be able to stone units to give them some teeth and the ability to gay your guys...fine, just don't do what is effectively an insta-kill by "devetting" them.

You could accomplish the same thing by just not allowing wraiths to de-vet guys, if a zerk gets stoned on the far side of the map, you are going to lose him unless you get lucky with the spawns (IE nothing spawns on top of him) as well as you taking a healer out of your starting lineup to go make the hike and heal him.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

I agree that totally devetting a unit after you've built it up for over an hour is very harsh. Fortunately, Myth II 1.6 has a new scripting feature that allows the Wraiths in Mazzarin's Demise 6 to only subtract some vet points per hit instead of all of them. Of course, if they stone the unit first, and nothing else is around to kill the Wraith, it'll sit there and slowly drain away until the victim is down to zero.
pompey

Post by pompey »

ChrisP wrote:Fortunately, Myth II 1.6 has a new scripting feature that allows the Wraiths in Mazzarin's Demise 6 to only subtract some vet points per hit instead of all of them.

One word: OoooOoOOoOoOO. At least I think that's one word.
woof •FoG•

Post by woof •FoG• »

druik wrote:Please take wraiths out so I can stop killing kitten and puppies after each game...
Oh trust me, wraiths wont be the unit that you curse the most when playing Mazz 6. Best start finding orphans and wayward women from whom you can spill blood. Mazz 6 demands such offerings.

Lock up your children; the darkness rises.
The_Mahout

ChrisP, Quick!

Post by The_Mahout »

pompey is out of town for a couple days! If you release Mazz 6 tonight I will have all weekend to practice so I can show him up! *beg*
pompey

Re: ChrisP, Quick!

Post by pompey »

The_Mahout wrote:pompey is out of town for a couple days! If you release Mazz 6 tonight I will have all weekend to practice so I can show him up! *beg*
Agh, traitor. Who let him get internet access?

I'm busy stealing wi-fi from the inn across the highway, don't make me take another half hour of load time to post a scathing reply to you, Mahout.

However, if you DO release Mazz early (read: this weekend) ChrisP, I'll find some way to forgive you.
druik

Post by druik »

Oh trust me, wraiths wont be the unit that you curse the most when playing Mazz 6. Best start finding orphans and wayward women from whom you can spill blood. Mazz 6 demands such offerings.
You going to put more stuff in the game that is biased towards groups of 8+? IE if you don't have a lotta eyes watching the map just prepared to get gayed?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

druik wrote:You going to put more stuff in the game that is biased towards groups of 8+? IE if you don't have a lotta eyes watching the map just prepared to get gayed?
The point of the Mazz series plugins is to make it the toughest type of coop. And the term "gayed" sounds too gay, don't you agree? :)
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Just out of interest, can anyone tell me which Mazz plugin's had the most downloads from the Magma site?
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

i don't think we have any long term stats like that unfortunately :(
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net