Computer Crashed

Talk about anything here.
punkUser
Site Admin

Re: Computer Crashed

Post by punkUser »

Not sure what you mean by "ascii lettering"...
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

He means the extended ascii characters that you see when you hold the windows key while pressing a key. Don't know why it wouldn't work for him though. Try holding it with Alt or Ctrl maybe? Try the other Windows key to see if it works with that one?
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Okay its working now. But my next problem is, when I hit certain keys, it overrides myth. So, when I hit windows + L it locks my computer. How do i disable those features?
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

I don't think there is a way. Try pressing Alt with it to make it a different type of combo and not lock your computer and whatnot.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I've always done it before, sometimes it toggles between the two. Also, with V-Sync OFF, I get 1400fps LOL GG. But it really doesn't make a "difference" so i leave v-sync on.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

So, why isn't my print screen working? It takes a picture of desktop and pastes to paint program, but just pastes a black screen when i try to take a myth screenshot.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

ok wtf and i can't click on overhead map now. its like its completely transparent and doesn't recognize my clicks.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

As for the screenshot not working, this was some bug with Vista/7. Try Alt Print Screen, I forget if this works around the issue or if you will need to be in windowed mode to make it work.

About the overhead issue, I don't recall hearing about it before.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I restarted myth and it then it started working again. No idea what caused it to stop working.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Yeah ALT-Print Screen or screen cap software should work. Also note that 1.8 will have an ingame screenshot function.

Windows key... don't think there's anything you can do about that. Windows doesn't allow applications to block that anymore (as of Vista I think).

Btw for a better lobby experience, try setting myth to run "Windowed" but set the resolution to the maximum one in the list (i.e. native resolution). Then you'll get to browser Mnet in a window and when the game launches it'll go full-screen. As a bonus, Alt-tabbing from the full-screen window will be instantaneous.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Punkuser, do you mean "Automatic" or "Windowed"? I have automatic which does as you describe, keeps lobby in a window and fullscreen in game (if resolution matches my desktop of course). The automatic option of course is windows only, Mac users don't see it.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I have always used the windowed view since it became available. I use automatic so it goes full screen for the game. The only key combination that seems to be a problem in game is when I try to do windows + L key. All of the others don't activate anything. I mean I couldn't think of any reason why I would need to use that key combination, but its just the fact I should be able to use windows key + every other combination to type and not have the windows function override everything.

What do you mean an in-game screenshot function? You aren't adding more buttons and shit are you?
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Oh also, what is the limit to maximum number of recordings you can have in the recordings folder? I know I've had over the limit before... say I have 200 films in there, but only 100 will show when the game is running. Whats the limit?
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Yes sorry, I mean "automatic" although it may actually work with Windowed too if you set the resolution to the maximum (on windows).

Screenshot function would be just like in other games... allows you to activate it and it'll take a shot (potentially optionally without UI) and save it to a file. Thus you can take a number of screenshots without having to ALT-tab out and paste them every time.

I don't know the limit of items that will be displayed in the recordings list... I'll take a look at that later.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Pyro wrote:Punkuser, do you mean "Automatic" or "Windowed"? I have automatic which does as you describe, keeps lobby in a window and fullscreen in game (if resolution matches my desktop of course). The automatic option of course is windows only, Mac users don't see it.
i don't know the exact settings (I think it was a combo) but that's how myth is working on my mac - windowed in lobby/pregame and fullscreen as soon as the game starts.