Myth II 1.6 PB Feedback Thread

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

It should be 489Mb to be precise, the tags folder.
CheezeFist

Post by CheezeFist »

all my tags folder has is a file called "cache"

is tags a folder that gets overridden when you update?

help me I am sad

:( <-------- proof
CHEEZE
CheezeFist

Post by CheezeFist »

This may be stupid but I dragged the file off the disc and put them in the folder

When i ejected the disc the game started up so I guess it works.

If I am a moron and my computer will self destruct, please let me know or I will be sad again.

:D
CHEEZE
CIK

Post by CIK »

Yes you need the tags folder from the CD, esp if you want to run without the CD in the drive.
Phex

Post by Phex »

I dont know if this has to do with 1.6 but I never experienced it before: when playing the solo map "the baron" online with 3 or 4 players, a friendly soldier spawned in one of the exit rooms. He was just there and I could see him appearing out of nowhere. :shock:
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Yes, it's known. It's a scripting error and was there since the original 1.3, but it only happens if a certain branch of the script happens to execute.

The soldier is an an invisible observer. He is to activate (start observing) when baron gets near book case. This is done by making him 'visible'. However, if it's done twice, he becomes fully visible (ie a controllable unit).

If the level was scripted a bit better, it would not try to make the invibisible observer visible twice.

We aren't doing any tag changes with 1.6, so this will remain as is.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Wow I didn't know this bug.
AblitERateOR

Post by AblitERateOR »

Ok i know this maybe a bit too late for these bugs to be fixed in 1.6, but i just noticed them today:

1) When using caps-lock to show the health of friendly units, when i command tab out of myth the box around the units (not the selected ones, just the others units) disappear, and they reappear when i make myth the front app again.. not a big issue just a lil thing

2) Not sure of the cause of this at all, but im having some real probs with saved games. In particular, i keep making saved games of jinn levels, and the saved games do not appear in the list of saved games when i try and resume them, meaning i have no way to play through without losing all my vets unless i do it one big sitting without dying. The saved game files show up in the saved games directory, just not in myth
Mac OSX 1.4.9
Intel 1.83 Dual Core iMac
1GB RAM
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Anything in your myth_log.txt about the saved games files?
AblitERateOR

Post by AblitERateOR »

Ok sorry about the slow reply here, ive been quite busy and my nets been really shaky.

After a little more digging i managed to find the problem.. i had 350 saved games built up over the years, and myth seems to have a built in limit of 256 saved games it can handle, so my top 100 or so saved games alphabetically were being chopped off the list...

perhaps this limitation could be extended?

and out of interest sake is there also a limit to 256 recordings?
Mac OSX 1.4.9
1GB RAM
Baak

Post by Baak »

Suggestion: Subfolders.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

AblitERateOR wrote:...i had 350 saved games...
:shock:

I never even reached 5 saved games in Myth. I always deleted the old ones when new ones are made. Even if I didn't I would never reach 10. Recordings seem more understandable... but I usually don't save that often.
AblitERateOR

Post by AblitERateOR »

i have a save at the beginning of each level in many many plugins so that i could play a level at anytime with vets
Mac OSX 1.4.9
1GB RAM
Rama

Myth 1.6 Bug

Post by Rama »

Hi

I started working on an old plugin I set aside a while ago and ran into a bug with Fear 1.5.2 for the Mac. Whenever I tried to open a Projectiles tag, my whole system would lock up and I'd have to reboot. I was able to open Monster tags without a problem. I haven't explored to what extent the bug affects the rest of Fear.

The projectiles in question were taken from the plugin Chimera. I jumped back to Myth 1.5.1 and an older version of Fear and had no problem editing the tags. I test ran the tags in Myth 1.6 without incident.

My system is:
2001 iBook
600 mhz G3
OS 9.2.2

On a different note, does anyone know the max amount/variety of unit types a map can have, and the max amount of units that can be visible at one time as well?

Thanks
CIK

Post by CIK »

The Fear in 1.6 was never tested under OS 9 so it very possibly doesn't work. I'm afraid that we just don't have any testing base left for OS 9.