Myth IV

Talk about anything here.
Road

Post by Road »

carlinho wrote:while you guys wasted your time writing nonsense in this post, and try to walk with the head upright out of a stupid fight,
I drank a couple of beers, went to the beach, and made this celtic warrior unit
You made the unit at the beach?
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

I carved it on the sand...haha
well, I guess after I came from the beach and to calm the sunburnt I got....
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Renwood TWA wrote: We also have a ton of maps in production some so large you might not ever see the edges of the map.
Dude!

You don't need to keep expanding the map to do that. Just set mesh parameters.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Frumius

Post by Frumius »

Renwood TWA wrote:We also have a ton of maps in production some so large you might not ever see the edges of the map.
Hmm, I dunno... if you can't see the edge, you might fall off. That's why they made the world round instead of flat. People kept falling off.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

Der Wallet....the point is you wont ever get the sense there IS an edge or end to some of the maps. i hate seeing where the world ends.

-Rens
Peach Out
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

So sneaking out of the shadows, I ask:

Is this "Myth 4 thing" still going on, or what?
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Renwood TWA wrote:Der Wallet....the point is you wont ever get the sense there IS an edge or end to some of the maps. i hate seeing where the world ends.

-Rens
I guess one day, someone will make an actual emoticon for sarcasm...

But you know, I bet it wouldn't be too hard to make the world 'round' on a Myth map. Wouldn't be too hard at all.
GodzFire wrote:So sneaking out of the shadows, I ask:

Is this "Myth 4 thing" still going on, or what?
I hope so.
I also hope they've picked a different name. But by the same token, arguments on that very topic will probably generate enough interest that more people will try it, so.... I guess that's a win-win?
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

William Wallet wrote:But you know, I bet it wouldn't be too hard to make the world 'round' on a Myth map. Wouldn't be too hard at all.
Easy enough with impassable objects or terrain, but with builtin mesh edge limitations it's impossible.
William Wallet wrote:.... I guess that's a win-win?
Since I am looking forward to it's release, I am hoping this is the case.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Baak

Post by Baak »

vinylrake wrote:
William Wallet wrote:But you know, I bet it wouldn't be too hard to make the world 'round' on a Myth map. Wouldn't be too hard at all.
Easy enough with impassable objects or terrain, but with builtin mesh edge limitations it's impossible.
Unless you did something really funky (and hopelessly confusing) like have edges teleport units to the opposite edge... :?:
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Can't you _link_ maps together so that when you get to the edge of one map you automatically go to another? Or am I thinking of solo maps? Or just hallucinating again?

reminder to self: Worktime lunch should not include shrooms.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

VR they did exactly that on the first Half-Life game. when you got to the edge of a map or mission, the game would pause a second while loading the next map, that was the continuation of the map you just played.

if you got to the edge of the map and an enemy threw a grenade at you, it could even follow you to the next map! loading took like 10-20 secs i think.

making the myth world round COULD be done. By adding the correct cureviature to the map if it was big enough to warrent it.

there would be no way to even notice the effect in game so its pretty pointless, but possible......well super long range projectiles and things like that would be effected though.

-Renwood
Peach Out
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Renwood TWA wrote: making the myth world round COULD be done. By adding the correct cureviature to the map if it was big enough to warrent it.
It also COULD make me coffee...
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

Water and heat dont mix with myth DA, so no, that isnt something that COULD be done.

Teh Japanese have a computer that plays myth and makes Sushi, though you will have to wait 5 years for it outside japan.
Peach Out
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

vinylrake wrote:
Renwood TWA wrote:O and VR fix your fucking site where it says Butcher sent out the MWC 98 first prizes. ME AND ONLY ME contacted Seropian and told him the first place MWC team members never got their prizes after 5-6 months

Butcher never touched them! i still have the fucking box BUNGIE mailed DIRECTLY to me and evreybody else. when they sent out the hats.
Sorry, Ren but you wanked me so I can't read your posts.

ps. If someone else involved in MWC98 who can talk without shouting can confirm this, I'll be happy to change the info.

pps. Ren, happy to see you are reading my site. But if you really want me to change something how about giving me a url? I have thousands of pages on my site, for some reason I am not very motivated by someone yelling "FIX YOUR F-ING SITE" to go find the page you are talking about. Go figure.
I know it was a long time ago, this post, but I can shed a LITTLE light.

The MWC site said first place, secret special prize, second place, Myth caps. First place prize didn't happen, what Ren said happened, and second place prize got posted to them. One assumes they had lots of hats, or second place got none at all.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Renwood TWA wrote:O and VR fix your fucking site where it says Butcher sent out the MWC 98 first prizes. ...