Diablo Units - I need help

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Bamboo Stew

Post by Bamboo Stew »

I have access to many fully animated Diablo one, and some Diablo 2 units, but I unfortunatly lack a MAC so I can't use AMBER and compile them into a workable unit in Myth 2 Diablo units used in Myth 2 mapping and plugins would add quite a new flavor to it... I found someone a while back to help me out but his competence was only able to recreate the "FALLEN ONE w/ SWORD". The unit came out nicely and I have their sounds too. So basically all I need is someone who would be willing to have me send them the images and what not and for them to use AMBER to make them into a 'collection' and possible a collaboration to make some nice single player/multiplayer maps with them.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Sounds like an interesting idea. Unlike the graphics from FPS games like Marathon, the Diablo units are at least rendered from a similar angle to that Myth uses, so they should look good.

I personally can't help out, firstly as I'm way too busy on other projects and secondly as I've never played Diablo ;)

Keep asking around though, and I hope you find someone able to take it on.

PS: And keep bugging Baak to finish his Windows version of Amber!

Edited By iron on 1107902287
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Think you could maybe get some screen shots of the different units? just an idle bitmap head on, for each. We could possibly use them in our campaign, and if we can, I'd be happy to do the work for you (providing we can use them in return). Sound ok? I'd like to see some images!
Bamboo Stew

Post by Bamboo Stew »

Thanks Graydon! Im glad your interested, I forgot that most avid Myth gamers are MAC users, so you are probably unfimiliar with the Diablo series. Im sure youll like the units that would come from its conversion. And I would totally be supportive of the use of them in your project, but I would like to hear more about the project so if you have the time or would like to explain it to me you can email me at sean_bean123@lycos.com I will post the units pics up asap. My only conditioning for the units is that you would be as of so kind to make them work with windows too so we can share the wealth.
Brainbug

Post by Brainbug »

Diablo II was released for mac too
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

MAC stands for Medium Access Control, which every ethernet chipset has. A Mac is a personal computer made by Apple Computer, Inc.

Both Diablo and Diablo II were released for the Mac, and were quite popular on the platform, so there is no reason a Mac user would not know of them any less than a PC user would.
Bamboo Stew

Post by Bamboo Stew »

WHOAAAA sorry guys, mah bad please forgive
Bamboo Stew

Post by Bamboo Stew »

unfortuneatly I can only post pictures that are already on the net, but I do have a picture of all the units that can be converted from Diablo (20) if youd like to see it please drop me an email (sean_bean123@lycos.com) and Ill gladly send you it, thanks
Phex

Post by Phex »

I recently thought (not yet in a serious way) about something similar - remaking old isometric-view games like WarCraft (I, II), Shadowrun etc, mb even RPGs like Secret of Mana (which was my SNES favourite).
I thought about changing the observer constants to forbid rotating which would allow the original perspective and including the original sprites along with some scripting. I know that not everything is possible, but some aspects could be implemented with Myth.
Sad to say I dont have any time to work for such a project, but I could deliver quite a few sprites / sounds / ideas. If anybody likes the idea of a classic game remake, please post it!

rgds,
- Phex (in sentimental retrospective).

PS: I know that somebody here works for Syndicate ( :D cheers!). Is there any progress?
lerabu

Post by lerabu »

Secret of Mana was so good!
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Syndicate is going along very nicely :) Lots of work still to do. I'll get a project page setup for it soon including screenshots.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Yea, I've got both D1 and D2, never played them all the way through though.. the website is going under some work right now, but check out www.thefallensvengeance.com to get an idea of 'our project'.. the forums have lots of information too. you can email the pictures to graydon3000@hotmail.com, or thefallensvengeance@hotmail.com

thanks, i'll be in touch. :)

And of course they'd be windows compatible :P
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Ok, I got your images.. some of units look very cool... my question is, can you possibly get the sprites at a higher resolution? I remember D2 being pretty high quality...
Bamboo Stew

Post by Bamboo Stew »

I shrank the pictures so I could fit them all on in the picture...their quality is better than that of the original Myth II units. Im sure they will be quite sufficient. If you would like I can send you a complete unit or 2 so you can see and possibly start work
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

that would be cool.. think you can send me the big demon warlord looking guy? :)