myth halo

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Floyd is Pink

Post by Floyd is Pink »

i was wondering if anyone has been working on halo for myth.

ive been working on weapons and grenades (yes! sticky plasma nades!!!) for halo and was just planning on using ww2 units or something, and recreating some halo maps. i just wanted this to be a short project, so i could get my skills up for when i start making 'reg' myth maps.

however, i got my hands on halo models. (mc, vehicles, elitces, etc.) but it is for .3ds, .max and i have no clue how to do those things. if someone could help me put these into use, or has already started on it, itd be nice if we could work together or join forces and what not

so if anyone is working on anything halo related for myth, post here!
the longer you hold it, the warmer it gets.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

hmm :) what program do you use for 3d?

I could probably rig these units up in cinema 4d
Floyd is Pink

Post by Floyd is Pink »

the halo units and vehicle models arent made by me, they are straight from xbox. master chief is from halo 2, and has .3ds, .obj, .mtl, .lwo files and i have no clue what any of those are.

the other halo units like hunters, grunts, marines and elites are from halo 1 and are all .max files.

all halo 1 vehicles are also .max

does that give u any answers, zeph?
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

.3ds is the studio max type of folder for 3d objects.
most of 3d programs can "import" this type of files, then you would need to texture them in the 3d program you use.
.obj also is a common 3d file, you could do the same.
What I don't know is how you tweak animations and movements in cinema 4d I use Poser, but I'm pretty sure you could import them at least...
The other files I never used them...
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Expect a post from Cid anytime now....
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I do know there was this one person working on a Halo type map... he made Blood Gulch into a myth map... but no units. I saw screenshots of the map and so far it looked good.

A Post at PlayMyth
Floyd is Pink

Post by Floyd is Pink »

yes i ive heard of that blood gulch map, and i thought it was gonna look crappy so i was about to start my own and what do you know! that map looks awesome!!!! thanks pyro, for that link.

jongod, if u read this, please post and reply. lets get somethin big rollin!
Industry

Post by Industry »

.mtl is a 3d Studio material file
.lwo is a LightWave object file.
:) Da Cid (: McCl

Post by :) Da Cid (: McCl »

Well, I'm thinking of getting a Halo tagset made as soon as I can... aquire the Halo 2 models. *gasp*.

WHAT?! It's okay to rip them from Marathon, why not Halo? >_> I should be doning that Soonâ„¢, and I'll keep us posted.

-TGP-
Having fun with poser horses and pasted-on Warrior torsos since 1990!™
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

:) Da Cid (: McCl wrote:Well, I'm thinking of getting a Halo tagset made as soon as I can... aquire the Halo 2 models. *gasp*.

WHAT?! It's okay to rip them from Marathon, why not Halo? >_> I should be doning that Soonâ„¢, and I'll keep us posted.

-TGP-
Doning, eh?

Cid - get your fucking skates on, looks like you've got some competition all of a sudden!
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Why don't you all work together instead of needless repetition?
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

id be happy to make one of the unit, especially grunt :P

Floyd sent me the masterchief with and it had a wrong texture so i dont know yet... i need the right texture, i cant do miracle unless someone here is good at mapping hehe..

Zeph

Post by Zeph »

on turbosquid.com you can also download for free the grunt, covenant elite, covenant hunter, jackal, pilot, marine, crewman. They dont have textures though :(
GizmoHB

Post by GizmoHB »

I tried to do a halo2 for mythII conversion before (like 9 months back I dunno), ripped all the models from Xbox, converted all, both masterchief and the other dude, all vehicles and weapons to C4D (with textures working, model holes fixed, optimised and what not, attempted to rig the MC

started rendering with the right light effects (halo2 has gold/yellow light) and had to figure out the scale and angles and stuff, had it all figured out, realised it was to much work (had lots of different variations of the wathog done)

think I lost files because I decided it was a good idea to disconnect a hard drive with the puter still running.

gave up (as usual) (oz laughed I cried) the end

I can look if you want and mb help out here and there when I have time (I know the process)

...Giz
Floyd is Pink

Post by Floyd is Pink »

gizmo i remember those! me and ooga were trying to convince you forever to give us those models! but they look awesome. i think you MUST help us. hah just kidding but ur help would be very awesome.

im working mainly on halo weapons, but can those be imported too? id be pretty pissed if i made everything from scratch and something better (actually halo guns and projectilee) came out an hour later.

anywho im gonna need to tune up the plasma nade and make some covenant weapons.