Question on oh map - ### overhead map preprocessing failed

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Rubba

Post by Rubba »

Situation: Imported a map, created string list, set mesh to new (imported) maplevel. Confirming the level works.

Problem: Once the game commences, the OH map does not appear and I recieve the following message:

"### overhead map preprocessing failed"

I set the OH Map in the Collections section to the new level(Fear\Meshes\Maplevel\Collections
ew level) .. I left Pregame and Postgame with no tag since at this point I really don't feel its necessary.

Question: Can u clue me in on what I missed or what I need to do to get the OH map working?

Ty!
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]You used Amber or Jade to make the OH ?? Fear funks it up somehow, dontut recall the details, just know after I was warned / told, I never used Fear to make an OH again.

Also, am I reading this right, but your did link an OH to the map in the Mesh file ?? ie Mesh >> Collections >> Overhead Map[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
Rubba

Post by Rubba »

Also, am I reading this right, but your did link an OH to the map in the Mesh file ?? ie Mesh >> Collections >> Overhead Map

Yes G, that is correct ... but N00b me would not doubt that in the course of "trying" I messed up along the line ... then again .. since u r kindly adding input to how Fear "funks" it up ... hrmmmmm ... more 2 think abt.

Thanks again
mauglir

Post by mauglir »

Perhaps you are thinking Myth automatically generates an overhead by just resizing your colormap? Myth cannot do this. You need to create your overhead yourself:

Open your cmap in photoshop and resize the image to an appropriate size (128 x 128 is good for square maps), then set the mode to indexed color and save it as a bitmap file. Use Jade to convert the bitmap into a collection, place the collection in its proper place in your local folder and then use Fear to set your mesh tag to use the collection you just made for the overhead.
Mauglir