Plugin problems

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

I've been having trouble with several plugins. Mac OS 9.1 using 1.5 beta 1 and Myth: TFL 1.4

Mazzerin's demise
Doesn't show up on the new game box but does when I try to host it online. If I try to host it online, however, I cannot click ok to go to the pre-game lobby (the ok button is faded out).

Mazzerin's demise II
Same as above.

Mazzerin's demise III
When I try to play a game of Mazzerin's demise III, the only level I can access is 'Mazzerin's demise IV (Oz)'.

Shadow of the mountain III
I can play regular Shadow III fine but can't play any of the tagset specific ones. The only tagsets in the list I have are 'The Seventh God' and 'Bushido'. When I load the tagset specific levels the game crashes.I activated the Bushido tagset before I started playing but couldn't load the Bushido version of Shadow III.

I don't think you get The Seventh God tagset as a plugin but as part of a special version of 'Patch 1.3' that has all of the units built in to reduce lag. I have this special version of 'Patch 1.3' and tried to play The Seventh God version of Shadow III with and without The Seventh God plugin itself activated.

Sorry to keep asking for help.
Pistol_Pete

Post by Pistol_Pete »

Heya Elfoid,

Don't worry about bugging people for help here;this is a techinical support forum after all. ;)

I've seen the exact bug you're mentionig, EL. What is happening is when you play a game that uses two plugs, SoTM 3 and Bushido for example, then the game will load one plug before the other;however, Myth will load the wrong plug first, and cause the game to crash. Look at your Mythlog.txt file (it appears in your root Myth II directory), and you'll see what I'm talking about. If you want to post you Mythlog, when you get that crash, then do so.

Also, you can still play the Bushido version of SoTM 3 though. You can't play it on-line, but you can play it solo, via the "New Game" button at the main Myth screen.

If you see any other plugs that have this same sort of bug, please post it here and mention it in the Bug tracker.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Actually Shadow 3 and Bushido do work in pb#2 under multiplayer. Are you sure you're activating the "Bushido Units" tagset?
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Nae'blis
Site Admin

Post by Nae'blis »

The Elfoid wrote:I've been having trouble with several plugins. Mac OS 9.1 using 1.5 beta 1

Try it with beta 2.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Thanx. Shadow III is now working perfectly but I'm still having trouble running mazz I, II and III. The Mazz III problem seems to be from a messed up download (It gave me a map from Mazz IV) but I have no idea what to do about Mazz I or II. Is this because I'm on Myth: TFL 1.4 and the plugins were made for 1.3? The update to the code seems to be heavy, even though TFL doesn't play any different. Help would be nice.